Halo 3 Legendary Edition Comes With a Helmet

Halo fanboys unite! It’s been revealed that the upcoming $99 Halo 3 Legendary Edition (due this October) will include a variety of special bonus features, including 3 bonus DVDs with behind-the-scenes footage, hi-resolution cinematics from Halo and Halo 2, Red vs Blue episodes and more. But the big pack-in is the Spartan helmet.

Halo 3 Legendary Edition

For you Halo geeks, the helmet is modeled after “authentic” Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI head gear. It’s made out of high impact polystyrene, similar to the construction of a motorcycle helmet. That said, I don’t recommend wearing this helmet on your Harley.

[via TechCrunch]

1. dave says:

when halo came out (1st time)a moto comp said they were making a DOT approved helmet for street bikes. have any of the feeks from your world herd any more about this??? or is the helmet hear able to be worn ??? someone send me a resp… ride 2 die juggalo4187@yahoo.com thx

2. jose says:

what sucks about the helmet is that its really small and somone with a regular sized head cant wear it couse it wont fit couse its really small only a small pet like a rabbit or a cat or if u have a really small but either tan that its prity much usles unless u brag to ur friens

3. Christopher says:

The Helmet can’t be worn I took a look at one of them when I was pre-ordering it, it won’t even fit on a cat it is a cover it is maybe 2-3 inches wide, by about 10-12 inches long so good luck getting that on your head

The very idea of a cat in Spartan headgear makes me think of this SNL clip:

5. eddie says:

i think it be pretty cool if my cat had a spartan helmet on

6. eddie says:

but not for me b/c i wouldnt be able to play the game b/c the helmet would be to small, they need to make them ajustible to varise sizes cuz some ppl have pretty big heads out there

7. chrislaes says:

if i saw a cat with a spartan helmet on i would put my bong down for a while

8. Dustin says:

if you guys would look at more pics you would realize its a lot bigger than you think.

9. Zeronifty says:

I had a chance to check out the helmet at Gamestop today “they just got in the shipments for the launch” they were displaying it on the counter for everyone to see and yea…its pretty small, I figured it would be at least big enough for a small person to wear but no the access hole where your head would go is only about 5-6 inchs across you could prob get it onto a cat or maybe a small dog but thats about it

sorry guys…unless your an infant or a cat I think your gonna have to get your Mjolnir armor helmet from somewhere else

10. Gman says:

Well if you really wanted to wear it all you have to do is mod it by scraping out the insides of the helmet, but thats only if your willing to rip apart your 130 dollar prized possession like mine.

11. Zeus says:

my god this rumor spread about putting it on my cat…me and my friend mpd0180 online were talking about the helmut a month b4 it re-leased. and said we were going to you tube or cats in the helmut. obviously our ksi members spread this rumor around and posed off of me (KSI Z3US) and my friend…KSI-Knoledge Stength and Integrety for LIFE!

12. Jimlad says:

Why on earth would you want to put it on your head anyway. Dont tell me there’s actually some-one out there who is sad enough to sit there playing their Halo 3 game with the helmet on?…….Come on!!! Get a life!!

13. Jay says:

*Cough* Hmmm… : )

My Friend and I took his apart and were gonna do it to mine as well. We arn’t done yet, but once we do get done its gonna be kickass. Were gonna tint the visor and all that.

14. Josh Allen says:

Hi guys!!! chopper here!!!! Just wanted to express that ur all such nooobssssssss,

p.s. i will be waiting to own u in the game!!!!!!!!!!