O.D.M. Electroluminescent Pixel Watches

These funky looking watches from o.d.m. design feature a jumbo electroluminescent display that wraps around the curvature of the watch band.

O.D.M. Pixel Watches

The watches come in three dramatic polycarbonate finishes: translucent pink, amber or white, and make a very dramatic statement with their high contrast pSEL displays. While o.d.m. didn’t seem to have them for sale in their U.S. online shop, I was able to find them for about $80 to $90 each on eBay.

[via Emily Chang / Stylehive]

1. KennyP says:

Those watches are tres cool.

2. […] chic gadgetry, from ice cream trucks to keyboards. Here’s another one for you, as seen on Technabob. These straight-outta-Japan watches from ODM Design have an “electroluminescent display that […]

3. […] chic gadgetry, from ice cream trucks to keyboards. Here’s another one for you, as seen on Technabob. These straight-outta-Japan watches from ODM Design have an “electroluminescent display that […]

4. M says:

[…] via: technabob.com […]

5. Brownfish says:

I’ve seen these buggers in London, they are very cool indeed.

6. aris in paris says:

Don’t let the pic fool you – it’s really an expensive piece of junk. No joke. I just received mine and it’s very cheap plastic, including the non-adjustable and feels-like-it’s-going-to-snap “bracelet” they’ve used instead of a normal watch strap. Now don’t get me wrong, it looks nice from far away, like some huge zulu bracelet from pluto. But the screen isn’t scratch resistant as my house key just made a nice brush against the watch face and now there’s a very noticeable scratch. The worst part is the whole LED action – it’s not very bright unless you’re in a dark nightclub. And the whole screen animation every night is nothing but a quick flash of 3 LED’s for less than a second – soooo not impressed. I’d say if you’re a girl with a tiny wrist and don’t mind wearing an expensive but gimmicky and gigantic protrusion of a bracelet(?!) – then this is for you. Otherwise, don’t waste your money. If i had to recommend something 200 times nicer and more fashionable, I’d say go with nooka – their watches are very VERY nice for about the same price. Plus you get basic watch functions like alarm settings and timers and you could jump in a pool with it on and it’ll run forever.

Wow, that’s a real bummer. The pictures sure made it look a lot nicer than your description. Thanks for letting us know the real deal.

8. ameLia says:

i don’t know that it is soooo bad….
    If u know, 2 weeks ago i’m going to buy this watch cuz’ it looks so nice!!!
    thx 4 your info….

9. some... says:

izzit so bad this watch..but it looks very nice and fashionable..stylish…and…cool…plus……a limited edition watch…must buy la…i think…

10. amlzl says:

i nearly got this one, but i didnt. tested it at the shop and it was tremendously unpractical. the critiques stated by the person above is very much true. i could barely see the time when i tested it at the shop. too bright. but if you were to wear it in a night club or a place of the same sort, it would be just great (:

11. EL Lighting says:

That is awesome! Electroluminescent lighting can be used in so many things, it’s crazy!

12. richard says:

This watch is completely unreadable on daylight and the bracelet is too tiny and made of cheap plastic.
    My suggestion: don’t buy this item.

• Gaara says:

I just got mine today! But I got a crystalblue! And lol… I think the “bracelet” is too big! XD Ive got very small wrists! But Ive got my watch very cheap! So I dont mind! I like it!

13. rio says:

belinya gimana ?

14. chris says:

I just got some of these watches but they didn’t come w/a user manual…can anyone help?