Mp4 Video Watch Goes Widescreen

A while back, we featured the first ever MP4 video player watch. Now you can pick up a wrist-worn player with a full 16:9 ratio widescreen.

widescreen video watch

The wrist player features a 1.8-inch widescreen color display (isn’t that an oxymoron like “jumbo shrimp?”) It’s got 2GB of flash memory on board, and can play MP4, MP3, WAV and WMA formats. There’s even an FM radio along for the ride. Oddly enough, even though you wear it on your wrist, it doesn’t look like the device can tell time (or at least that’s not in the specifications.)

If you’re looking for a super geeky fashion accessory, you can pick up these players from importer Chinavasion for just $56.74.

1. Kevin says:

I am truly suprised this comes in at less than $60. If I were to see this (not knowing the price) I would say the screen is too small (although not as bad as the Mobi cube with its half inch screen) and why in hell would I want to watch video on my wrist. Plus, its not even a watch! But, at that price point, I am tempted to get one. I guess it proves people (by people I mean me) will buy any old crap if its cheap enough.

If you pick one up, post back and let us know how it is.

3. Martin says:

Actually, one of the screenshots shows a time display mode. I’m buying the 4GB version. I’ll post a review in a prior comment.

4. Frankie says:

I just got mine yesterday. The quality of the screen, audio, capacity, menu system, etc. are all great. It plays MP3’s well enough (you can load albums into it in their own separate folders, and still get it to shuffle random) the external speaker is surprisingly loud and clear … the video conversion software included is pretty idiot proof (I use SUPER Video Conversion to convert videos to basic MPEG before converting them to the MTV video container that the watch runs) the ONLY issue that I have with the watch is that it’s got some really flaky USB stuff going on. When you plug it in, your computer will recognize it as a remote drive (my model is 4GB) but if you don’t start loading stuff into the watch IMMEDIATELY, within like 30 seconds, the watch will go to sleep (or something) and it’ll no longer be recognized as a remote drive with any capacity left in it. So, you’ll need to disconnect and try again. My simple work around to this issue is to make a folder with ALL the stuff you want to load into the watch (MP3s, Videos, Photos, etc,) then plug in the watch, and as soon as it comes up on your desktop, drag and drop the folder quickly. Once it “starts” the process of loading stuff in it’ll stay active till it’s done. Despite it’s flakiness, it’s an awesome and impressive product.

5. Irene says:

I love it blew my mind

6. Nadia says:

where,in detroit,can I get this device:radioshack,circuit city, or best buy etc

I don’t know what local stores carry this. I think you’ll have to order one online.

The good news is that there are now a bunch of companies selling similar MP4 video watches online now, so you can always just Google “MP4 watch”, and you’ll see a ton of options.

8. Yes it tells the time. You will see a picture displaying it if you click the link.

9. I just love those MP4 watches, and i would like to buy one, but i do not have the money at the moment. But even more i would like a cellphone watch, but thanks for the post I really like the player.

Regards Christian Emil