Cassette Tape Mp3 Player: Why Didn’t I Think of That?

Plenty of companies have made cassette tape adapters for connecting MP3 players to your car stereo, but this one wins the award for ingenuity. Not only does this gadget let you play your digital tracks through your old school tape player, the cassette IS the MP3 player.

MP3 Cassette Tape

Chinavasion’s MP3 Cassette Player is a completely self-contained media player that just happens to slip inside your tape deck for easy playback through your car stereo. It’s not the world’s most feature-packed player, handling only MP3 format files, and zero on-board storage. You’ll have to add your own memory through the player’s SD/MMC slot.

I’ve always thought it would be cool if I could just dock my iPod directly into the cassette player in my car, but for now, this’ll have to do.

1. the scholar says:

that is very cute! i’m having a lot of “why didn’t i think of that?” moments this week… hmmmph.

2. Jordan says:

Everything “old school” is being revamped!

3. me says:

this isnt new….. this one was released around 2001 or 2002… and it had a massive storage of 256mb!!!

You sir, are correct. I don’t recall seeing the MobiBlu original, but it sure looks similar.

5. GeekAlerts says:

Cassette MP3 Player…

Connecting your MP3 player to the car stereo with a cassette tape, nothing new there. But this Cassette MP3 Player from Chinavasion Wholesale Electronics takes a different approach by acting as the MP3 player itself.

The Cassette MP3 Player has no in…

6. Deniz G�ll� says:

I want to ask all my friends if someone has bought this device and does use it? In my country no one knows about this and I want to sell it here if it is useful and high qualitied.

7. Darren says:

I’ve seen this at CVS pharmacy as well

8. lindsay says:

I bought this a while ago, it’s sweet. I bought it brand new off ebay for like $10, plus $12 shipping to Canada – theres tonnes on there all the time. Only set back is that it’s not Mac compatible. Other than that, it works great.

9. Kuno says:

Hi, I’m from Vietnam and I want to know where can I buy this device and how can I get it?
    Thanks

10. Product Owner says:

I have one of these, works decent. The card doesn’t stick out like that, its just so show you that it IS an SD card. The one problem I have with it is the “resume play.” Without a display, its hard as hell to find a song unless you know the play list by heart (and without a shuffle feature, another annoying thing about it, you probably will) but it seems to have a half-ass way of saving the last played song. As in it works half the time. I let it sit for a minute after pulling it out and it sometimes saves the spot. My last issue is the power save mode (or lack there of). If I forget to shut off the switch (hard toggle, not push button) then its dead next time I go to play it. The battery does have a decent life though, doesn’t seem to be damn Ni-Cad with memory (thank god). $22 for me is a lot better than $200+ for a audio deck with SD/USB support plus being in the neighborhood I’m in, a tape deck is pretty good theft deterrent. ;-)

11. Ronald says:

Only thing it misses is its own generator, driven by the tapedecks drive work. That would also open the possibility to use the existing Wind and Rewind buttons to skip songs.

12. Jason Verbeek says:

Thanks Brian, I just bought one from http://www.cassettemp3player.com and it rocks!

13. GadgetTown says:

I heard cassette tape MP3 players several year ago, But I never see a real one whether myself or from my friends.

14. ghiok says:

I buy two of this cassette mp3player from TINXI.DE (Germany)and remote control don’t work ! PLEASE! CAN ANYBODY HELP ME!!!

15. fanny says:

is it available in the philippines?

16. Jackson says:

I bought one of these and they are absolute garbage. The sound quality is rubbish, there’s no shuffle option, and output through car tape deck intermittantly cuts out. Binned it by the end of the day

17. jkarretero says:

If it had shuffle option, it would be a nice item.