Ultimate Digg Case Mod for Sale
September 17th, 2007
The talented case-modders over at Computer Choppers have put their amazing Digg custom computer up for sale on eBay. The system is a glorious tribute to the popular social news website.
In addition to the over-the-top case design, the system is loaded up with a goodly amount of high-end components, including:
- Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 CPU w/ Asus Silent Square HSF
- Asus P5B-Deluxe Motherboard
- 3GB DDR2 Memory (2GB Gskill HZ DDR2-800 & 1GB (512×2) Kingston HyperX DDR2-1066)
- 3x500GB Western Digital WD5000YS Hard Drives
- BFG 8800GTS 640MB Video Card
- Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum
- 18x Sata DVDRW w/ lightscribe
- Hiper 580watt Power Supply
- Noritake 3900 512×32 VFD
- PCI fan controller & LPT port
It even includes a matching, custom painted 20-inch LCD monitor, keyboard, mouse, and slick aluminum mouse pads to round out the system. And how can you resist that cool blue illumination around the digg logo? There’s even a bright blue RSS reader module that displays the current top Digg stories and displays them on the front of the case.
The machine has been touring the country as a showcase piece for the company, and has only about 30 hours of use on it. Now that they’re ready to move on to the next big thing, so it’s up for sale. Starting bid for this one-of-a-kind machine is $2500, but it’s sure to rise before the auction ends on September 27th. If you’d like to get in on the bidding action, check out the entire auction listing here.