Dead Xbox 360 Reborn as Pc [Casemod]

When my original 2005 Xbox 360 finally succumbed to the dreaded Red Rings of Death, it ended up going on the scrap heap. This enterprising modder showed a bit more creativity than I could muster by turning his overheating Xbox lemons into a souped-up glass of PC lemonade.

Xbox 360 PC Casemod

Other than the big red LED backlit cooling fan sticking out of the side of the console, you wouldn’t know it’s a PC unless you turned it around and looked at the back.

Xbox 360 PC Casemod

Just like a regular Xbox 360, there wasn’t quite enough room to cram the power supply in the box, so it had to sit outside the console too.

Xbox 360 PC Casemod Insides

With all the stuff crammed under its hood, one can only hope that it won’t be as much of a fire hazard as the cardboard box PC.

[via TechEBlog]

1. luke says:

this is a cool mod i have a broken 360 and my new replacement now and fort of doing something to the old 360 so any hints or helps guides for modein my old broken 360 in 2 a pc aswell wud b sweet lil project for me 2 do in spare time cheers as wud b handy to have old 1 turnd in to a pc save me alot of space

2. X_Splinter says:

Thats stupid because there a very cheap (7,5$) solution to fix the RRD of the xbox360

3. Twist says:

@ X_Splinter

Yeah its called buy another console so Microsoft will sell quality consoles vs unfinished/crappy ones.

I actually fitted mine to my PC added in 4 120mm fans and 2 80mm fans with a spare 500w PSU. Added in some purple/blue LED lights and it looks great.

When my camera gets fixed I will post some images of it…no ROD or Overheating issues.

4. Sage says:

it’s not stupid to mod a broken 360, who cares if it’s broken, even if it is a RR and if you have another one that’s fine, why should it matter, if anything it’s Microsofts fault for not fixing the bugs out of their shit console in the first place. Just like their failure of windows Vista and they’re already working on another system cause of it.

• RobG says:

Its a little off topic but what you see as a failure (Vista), Microsoft may see as the latest operating system to keep them the biggest and most successful company in the world. I guess its a matter of perspective – I don’t know how many billions Vista (and xbox) have made for M$ but you clearly make a lot more money than me if you still think they’re a failure. BTW development of the ‘next’ version of Windows started long before Vista was released (as with every version of Windows in the last 10+ years).

5. Uy kenpachi says:

Thatz cool. I will like 2 do this 2 my xbox console. if some1 here knows hw 2 do it plz comment.

6. NES Modder says:

This could have been sooo much better… he could have used a pico psu 150 (I am running a core2duo system off one of those no issues), minimizing the psu footprint and minimizing heat. Also, with some creative ducting and proper, he could have avoided putting the gross, glaring hole in the side. When doing these kinds of mods, its really important to maintain the look of the console, so that when people look at it, they say hey, just another console… “so wheres the pc?” and you can smugly reply, its inside that console there.

7. Enix says:

Hi, Can yu give me the name and the reference of your power supplie please !

Why did cut your xbox ?

8. Enix says:

Sorry :p -> Why did yu cut your xbox ?

9. KARAN says:

HELLO HOW DID YOU DO THAT ALL

10. KARAN says:

what supplies did you need

11. KARAN says:

how did you do that all please give me this comment back

12. KARAN says:

it is stuipid kid

13. Travis says:

There are easy fixes to the rrod, but this works too >:) You could probebly get away with a pico psu, Flexible pci-e extender, and a low profile graphics card, powerful enough for gaming? Nice build btw :)