Handheld Nintendo Emulator Goes Solar

This portable gaming beast not only plays games from three classic Nintendo systems, it runs on the power of the sun. Out of the box, the player can handle NES/Famicom, Gameboy and Gameboy Color titles, as long as you can get the ROMs transfered to an SD card. Of course, I won’t tell you how to do that, but that’s what search engines are for, right?

nes emulator solar

In addition to taking on retro gaming sans batteries, the Mobile Power Station plays popular audio and video files, including MP3, WMA and MP4 (converted to AVI) formats. The compact player features a 3.5 color display, 2GB of built-in memory and an SD slot for up to 2GB more. The jack-of-all-trades can also display or speak E-books, has a voice recorder, and even a built-in LED flashlight. Heck, it’s even got a USB-out connector so you can use the solar panels to charge other devices.

So what are you waiting for? You can grab one yours gadget importer Chinavasion for about $123 USD.

[via Albotas]

1. Micah says:

Oooooo…. neat. Me want.

2. The graphics seem kind of weak on this nintendo emulator but I like the fact that you can use the sun to charge because these games tend to suck the power out of batteries and you can’t always find an outlet to plug in and charge newer handheld games. However, this is definitely a cool gift gadget to get for the kids.

3. Closet_Rat says:

Ooh… now I’m debating b/w a digital camera and this badboy…

Any updates on the portable Atari?

4. sublime says:

I gotta remember to buy this before the looming apocalypse of WW3 and global warming floods hit … then I can still play metroid, zelda, ice hockey … ah

What would really hit the spot would be a ps2 solar powered emulator! : )

5. vaporwaterain says:

My mp3 player only plays 4 hours by fully charging, it is hateful when i am traveling by train in long time, this one i think is fun to me, but $ 123 USB is too expensive:(

6. josh says:

lol i was going to buy a good slr camera but then this poped up its probably the last gadget i buy before i need to save for a car rolf im going to buy a car and im still buying kidey toys

7. Richard Wicks says:

Can you program it, or is the firmware entirely in eprom?

8. zagni says:

i think, $ 123 USB is too expensive, too :(

9. free roms says:

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life….wow !!!!!!!
    A solar powered handheld….never would have thought of that. lol
    Bookmarked !

10. Elie says:

I just got one, it seems to kinda suck for music syncing as far as roms go, you can reprogram it, i cant find any updates yet =/ Ill update you guys if i get anything going for it…. But for now as far as the games go, turn the sound of, if the sound is a deal breaker than this is just a novelty for you =/ Ill add more information as i play with the device =D

11. It is very fun. I like it.

12. scott says:

Thank you for the great work that you have done here.
    _____________