Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob in Your Mailbox Every Day! Join our Mailing List!

USB Memory Bomb: Weapon of Mass Storage

by Paul Strauss

While it might not be the most convenient USB drive to carry around in your pocket, this bomb-shaped memory device is sure to draw stares sitting on your desk.

USB Memory Bomb by Joel Escalona

Designed by Mexico City industrial designer Joel Escalona, the USB bomb should keep your data safe, since its design is likely to deter to anybody who might have thoughts of stealing it, lest they might get blown to smithereens. The device looks like one of those bombs that Wile E. Coyote might have purchased from the ACME catalog, or maybe from those old Spy vs. Spy cartoons in MAD magazine.

As an added bonus, it’s big enough to house either a ton of flash memory or a hard drive, given its oversize design. At this point, it’s still just a prototype, but I’d certainly buy one.

[via pan-dan]

1. Rob says:

Cool story.. it’s been added to http://www.gearcult.com

2. Tom says:

I’d take two.

3. george senda says:

Not to mention Boris Badenov who was seen frequently with such a cartoon bomb.

I’d buy one too.

Mentioned it on my blog and on sf-redbook.com too

4. Frank says:

Kinda cool but not really handy to lug around….
    These ones are much better

5. Mark23 says:

Its a cool stuff, but according to me size will matter – it will be not flexible to carry with you.

6. Kevin says:

Well, I’d get it if it housed an External HDD. I wouldn’t get such a large device just for flash memory, though.

7. david wanyonyi says:

pls let me know more about this bomb

8. ronan says: