This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Great Geek Gifts in the Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter
Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff on Technabob

Super Mario Afghan is Super Special

by Paul Strauss

I’ve been keeping my eyes on the work in progress for this impeccable Super Mario Brothers afghan throw, and I’m happy to report that the masterpiece is finally complete.

Super Mario Brothers Afghan Throw by Thomcatdesigns

Super Mario Afghan Close Up

It took North Carolina crafter Tracy Thomasson (aka ‘thomcatdesigns’) 71 days to crochet this beauty, featuring the likenesses of Mario, Koopa and a Goomba as they go about their everyday lives in the Mushroom Kingdom. It’s really hard to believe that the blanket started with this simple patterned background:

Super Mario Afghan Early Progress

To check out the maddening amount of work that went into this awesome homage to 8-bit platform gaming, check out Tracy’s Flickr photostream.

Hot Deals in the Technabob Shop:

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. CindyM says:

Wow really nice throw man. I like it. Too bad it took all that time as I would love to purchase the rug. My kids would go crazy over that . Nice work Tracy….lol can you make another?

2. overklokan says:

geez some games never die … unfortunately!

3. Kelly says:

OMG… seriously…. Please tell me how much for it you must understand i am obsessed with mario brothers!!

4. Kelly says:

OMG. How much?!?!??! seriously obsessed with mario bros!!! please email me back please please!!

5. Puma First Round says:

My initially occasion in which to go to your incredible blogs ,As i realize the article is definitely total with pretty and designer,and so nice to me personally.At the same time,thanks you for writing your helpful views to me.
    Prada Handbags and Puma First Round, Puma Clyde with high quality, fashion style and competitive price.

6. AJ says:

This rug looks awesome! It reminds me of the old nintendo dayz… i love mario so how much is this rug?

7. carrie says:

please tell me how to make the mario blanket please.

Best Ink Refills for EDC Pens

Best Ink Refills for EDC Pens

Waterjet Carved Jack-o-Lantern

Waterjet Carved Jack-o-Lantern

Mercedes-Benz Teases Pickup Concept

Mercedes-Benz Teases Pickup Concept

Mercedes-Benz X-Class Pickup Concept Revealed, But Not for U.S.

Mercedes-Benz X-Class Pickup Concept Revealed, But Not for U.S.

75 Years, 75 Green Arrows