Fc Mobile Game Console Plays Original NES Carts

I’ve seen plenty of Nintendo NES clone systems in my travels, but this is the first time I’ve seen a mass-produced portable that can play the actual cartridges from the classic 8-bit gaming system.

fc mobile nes portable

The FC Mobile portable console plays original game carts from the NES wherever you go. The compact console lets you play on either the built-in 2.4-inch LCD screen, or on your television via an included AV cable. The system runs on three AA batteries, and can play audio through its internal stereo speakers, or via a headphone jack.

fc mobile colors

Despite the Famicom reference in its name (FC Mobile – get it?), from everything I can find out, the console plays North American NES games, not Japanese Famicom cartridges.

Ready to get your retro game on? Two versions of the system (one in black/silver and another in red/white) have recently started to pop up over on eBay for around $40 to $50 bucks (games sold separately).

Caveat Emptor….

Sean from over at iamhandheld reports that the FC Mobile doesn’t take NES cartridges, but only plays Famicom carts without a difficult to use adapter. The versions I saw over on eBay claim to be compatible with U.S. NES cartridges, but you never know what you’re gonna get.

If you happen to buy one, let us know how it works out.

2. retro junkie says:

I have an FC Mobile and I am playing US NES carts on mine. I have seen the same exact system repackaged and called the “Game Porter” claiming to play Famicom carts over eBay.

3. Sean Fear says:

This is the Sean from iamhandheld, I just received the unit in the mail and it does indeed play NES games and besides the size of the slot and the connector appears to be virtually identical to the units that play famicom games. The unit is very cool though with some caveats, primarly the quality of the screen and the button lay out. I’ll be reviewing it on iamhandheld this weekend.

Sean — thanks for checking this out. I’m looking forward to your review!

Looks like Sean has posted his review, and it sounds like the FC Mobile is definitely worth the money….

6. Willnkelly says:

Awesome find! I have never seen a portble system that plays the classics. Thanks for sharing.

7. sands says:

this haves memo in him ? (sorry my english )

8. Sharked says:

what Style is more common.

Black & Silver(I choose you)
    or
    Red and White(ugly looking..)

I am getting Donkey Kong Jr Math, Ren & Stimpy Buckeroo$, and Wario’s Woods with mine.

:) hope mine is Silver and Black 50% chance.

Thanks

good luck

master

9. Eric says:

I have switched the A and B buttons on my FC mobile / hyperkin. It was a very simple operation, cut two traces, solder two wires and its done!

I can play punch out now!! Actually it makes all games 100% better.

10. irfan says:

i have switched tthe A and B buttons on my fc mobile

11. Aous Khaldi says:

Man what the hell is that. I’ll keep playing in my mobile phone.