Rock Out Like a Real-Life Link With This Playable Ocarina

If you’ve always dreamed of serenading your very own Zelda with the dulcet tones of an ocarina, now’s your chance. You can buy this playable replica, tri-force logo and all!

ocarina2

Anything that’s described as a “mesmerizing playable fairy flute” is sure to get the ladies lining up at your doorstep. Why, look at this enchanting fellow playing his ocarina. Have you ever seen anything sexier? *swoon*

The ocarina is made from glazed earthenware, which I found surprising because it kind of looks like plastic in the photos. It boasts 6 holes and comes with a songbook of your favorite Legend of Zelda tunes. Of course, that assumes you know how to read music for a fictional instrument, but frankly if you’d burn 40 bucks on one of these, that’s probably the least of your worries.

ocarina3

You can buy one for $39.99 at ThinkGeek.

1. The ocarina does look insanely small judging from the pictures displayed on this post :E

2. eskimo says:

My little brother got one of these last week. I’ve been stealing it every now and then to play Zelda’s Lullaby for my dog. :P

It’s a lot smaller than it appears in the game (and only has five holes, not six like you said. The sixth hole is where the air comes out). The book it came with had incredibly easy-to-read music sheets, with a picture of the ocarina and which holes you have to cover for each note.

3. Brian says:

I don’t know anything about Zelda, but the original version of Wild Thing by the Troggs features an ocarina lead break.

4. Jordan says:

@Eskimo
    Theres an Extended range version for an extra 10$ that comes with two holes at the bottom instead of the regular one.

And who says this is a fictional instrument? Ocarinas have been around for thousands of years! The Pendant Ocarina is the newest incarnation and it’s about 50 years old last time I checked. Just because most people are aware of it’s existance from a game doesn’t make it fictional.

5. noah says:

in my opingying the ocarina dose not get the blueish glow in the sun light

6. noah says:

i know everything about the legend of zelda proboly more than the creator of the legend of zelda but if you drop it will break!

7. marc says:

i am looking for flute music a real flute can anyone help me find a iron man sheet for my flute that i can print