X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Great Geek Gifts in the Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter
Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff on Technabob

Numberkey Transforms iPhone Into Numeric Keypad

by Paul Strauss

As much as you might love your MacBook or MacBook Pro, there’s no denying that the lack of a numeric keypad can really slow you down if you work with numbers all the time.

Balmuda Numberkey iPhone Numeric Keyboard

Perfect for heavy duty spreadsheet users, this nifty new application for the iPhone and iPod Touch lets you use your mobile device as an ad-hoc numeric keypad for your Mac. Just install Balmuda’s Numberkey connect software onto your Mac, then grab the mobile app from the App Store for $1.99. The two pieces of software communicate via Wi-Fi, adding a familiar 18-key numeric keyboard to your Mac without wires.

Balmuda Numberkey iPhone Numeric Keyboard

Numberkey includes four different skins, including black on white, white on black, old school Mac and a recently added black on silver for new MacBook Pro users. While the lack of tactile feedback might slow you down a little bit, I still think it’s still convenient to have the extra keys.

At this point, Numberkey is a Mac only app, so Windows users need not apply. Now if they could only figure out how to fit the whole MacBook inside the iPhone, I’d be set.

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. manchicken says:

That’s pretty slick. I like how it takes the networking thing out of the equation. Now I want to try it out at sbux to see how well it works on networks…

If the iPhone’s bluetooth were actually useful for more than just headsets then that would be even nicer.

2. Amandas says:

I have this application but I am having a problem making it connect with my macbook. I have the number key connect downloaded and it doesn’t find my phone. Any suggestions?

3. LXSeye says:

Downloaded both and connection worked well and easily……but, all I get from the Numberkey is ….. shshshsh …… I get no numbers, just “sh”, No matter what button I press. Any suggestions??????

• Ben Neubauer says:

I’m having the exact same problem, using a macbook running Mac OS 10.5.8 I’m getting just “sh” each time I type a number. Not sure what to do to make it work.

4. Ben Neubauer says:

I have a suggestion for the developers: If you can get the bugs out of this app, you should also develop one for users of the music notation Sibelius 6, which would show the notepad used in that program, which has different note values, sharps, flats, etc. instead of numbers. Sibelius 6 is the leading music notation software.

5. Ari Benjamin says:

I wish there was one for Android! I’ve got a macbook, but currently I’ve just got a poor xperia z2 android :/

theawesomer logo
MTV Classic Modern String Art Jeff Ross vs. Hot Wings Pokémon Snorlax Bean Bag 95octane logo
Lotus Elise Race 250 Ready for Track Day Fun Final Aston Martin DB9 Cars Roll off Assembly Line Just a Lamborghini Towing a Goat Cart SYNC 3 finds a Home in All the 2017 Fords mightymega logo
Star Wars: Call of the Empire Prime 1 Studio Premium Masterline Optimus Prime G1 Statue New Star Trek RPG Is Coming: Star Trek Adventures How X-Men Apocalypse Should Have Ended