Mystical Fire Powder: for People Who Hate Red Flame

Winter is just around the corner – in places that get winter – so I’m sure that fireplaces and bonfires are being fired up everywhere. Wherever winter comes. So with all the fire some people see, I can understand why some of you might be tired of plain old red flame. You might be thinking,”Is there something out there that could spice up my boring old flame? Something that might be called, I don’t know… Mystical Fire? Can that something add colors like blue and green to my flame making it appear like the picture below?”

fire1

And then you think, “Yes, yes… and this Mystical Fire should be in powder form, so I could just sprinkle 1 to 3 packages on any outdoor/indoor wood burning fire, and so I can use it not only for camping and for luring my brother into the fireplace but also as props for Friday night D&D’s. Also, I think they should come in 25 gram sachets. Not 26 grams. 25. Because 25 grams is the right amount to create fires like the one below.”

fire2

Finally you think, “If such a Mystical Fire powder should exist, it would be really nice if it sells for like… £1.49 (appx. $2.29 USD). Over at Boy’s Stuff. Man. it sure would be nice if there really was some Mystical Fire powder.”

Here’s where I come in, and say “You there, red flame hater! You crazy psychic! Call me if you begin thinking of the numbers that a winning lottery ticket would have.”

[via boy'sstuff via random good stuff]

1. sweet zombie jesus says:

Can it also be used to lure sisters into fires?

2. Tony! says:

so, essentially, it’s powdered copper and/or other metals that burn in various colors?

Wouldn’t the effect only last for a few moments?

3. lambert v. says:

sweet: off the record? yes.

tony!: I’m no chemist so I can’t answer that one, but http://www.mysticalfire.ca/ has a clip of a mystical fired bonfire so you can go check it out. maybe it induces an effect similar to the ones we see in lighters that have a green or blue flame? I don’t know. I feel bad now. now I’m never gonna stop thinking about it. tell me if you figure it out.

4. sweet zombie jesus says:

there used to be a product like this out in the market like I dunno 18 years ago called fire witch or something (had a witch on the cover) – made your flames go green and it lasted for quite a while

5. CrazyforFire says:

Here’s a place to get this a little cheaper 3 packs. http://www.coolstuffexpress.com/store/p/679-Mystical-Fire.html

6. lambert v. says:

@crazy for fire: thanks for the link! :D

7. goldy says:

Its good stuff last for about 20 mins, 1 packet is good, we will buy more for our firepit, check out their paper lantenrs u have to light them for a while but they are quite magical.

8. reederx says:

I have only used this indoors in my woodstove, but I think it’s way cool. Mostly green & blue flames, but sometimes you get a bit of purple or pink. For me each packet lasts from 25 to 45 minutes, not sure why the time varies that much. Much fun for pyromaniacs like me!