Big Daddy Doll, Straight From the Bioshock 2 Trailer

BioShock 2 doesn’t even exist  yet and already the artisans of the world are hard at work on the sequel to 2K’s alternate-history title. A doll fashioned to look like one of the game’s Big Daddy characters was shown in the sequel’s beautiful (and creepy) trailer, and now that same doll has been recreated in loving detail.

bioshock 2 big daddy doll

How cute! I could almost forget that he probably wants to kill me and just give him a big ol’ squeeze. The best thing? This adorable doll doesn’t include the sense of horror and foreboding I get with the trailer.

Haven’t seen the referenced trailer for BioShock 2? Climb out from under that rock and give it a watch.

YouTube Preview Image

[via deviantART]

1. will says:

Hello, is this doll for sale? It’s really cool, I am actually trying to find a life size bioshock statue for my actual big sister, irony? She’s a huge fan, and I saw this custom doll one and thought that would be more realistic, but am open to the life size statues as well!, any help much appreciated!

Thanks!!

2. StarlightBlast says:

Aww… He’s so cute, I want him! They need to make a plushy of it. ^_^

3. wouldyoukindly says:

dude just make one…theyre pretty easy to make ive made ten…2 for me an the rest for my mates!!! just look at the parts on the vid above

4. Brenda says:

omg is this for sale?! i wan to buy it! its so cool! r u sellin it? email me if you are! plz!

5. Brenda says:

p.s can some one help email me wher to get the parts? are they expensive? it would help thanx!

6. James says:

Will, I have one of the life sized Big Daddy statues in my possession. If you’re interested give me a buzz on: thevioletroom@gmail.com

7. Katie says:

What do you make the eyes//body out of?

• technabob says:

According to the post, she made the entire thing out of yarn, except for the “portals” (eyes?) which were made out of buttons.

• Gabe says:

I used a body from an old (plush) doll and screwed on the head. It’s more secure this way. Plus, the head sort of hangs in front of the body making it look more like a Bouncer. For eyes, you can use thumb tacks (Home Depot sells silver thumb tacks). However, I used these concave silver washers and nails (also purchased at Home Depot). Makes it look more rustic and authentic. You insert the nail in the washer and hammer it in slowly. This way you don’t have to worry about thumb tacks falling off. For wires on head used wire hanger. Difficult to shape but very firm. Mine is almost finished. Just need stupid raggedy ann legs to come in the mail.

8. would you kindly?..... says:

pretty cool i wanna buy one or make one myself!

9. Konner says:

You guys know they have these put know by the Bioshock 2 brand right? Yes i know this article was made a long time ago.