Diesel Watch has No Face, Still Manages to Tell Time

At first glance at this dramatic designer watch from Diesel, you might ask yourself where the heck the time is hiding. Then, you might take a second to think and guess that maybe you press a button for the time to show up behind the polished black faceplate – and then you’d realize there are no buttons.

diesel_dz9044_watch

Stumped? Well turn your wrist sideways, and then look again.

dz9044_watch_side1

Instead of telling time on its face, the Diesel DZ9044 features a set of tiny side-mounted watches that can simultaneously tell time in four time zones. While the location of the watch faces isn’t all that practical, it’s certainly a stunning design.

dz9044_watch_side2

The watch is constructed from durable solid stainless steel with a bold black ion-plated finish and a matching black leather band, and is water resistant up to 10 ATM (about 330 feet). And if black isn’t your thing, check out the DZ9045, which comes with a shiny stainless face and a brown leather band.

dz9045_diesel_watch

Both the DZ9044 and DZ9045 are available over at Watchismo for $365 (USD).

1. RosenRed says:

Not practical? When you look at the time is like you want to punch yourself in the face! But still nice design ^^

• technabob says:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It still looks pretty cool – and you can just ask someone else to tell you the time (in two of the time zones) if you point at them.

2. stefan says:

Its extremely practical, cause instead of twisting your wrist to check the time, you just look down your arm; toward the watch, then even if the watch had twisted on your arm, it could be read….

Cool.

• DeveloperVoice says:

Practical? Hardy … imagine this on your wrist and looking at it, you’d have to contort your arm to in essence assume “the thinker” pose to read the time. Put your fist in your face and you’ll get the point. Maybe you’d like it even better if the watch display was on the part that faced your arm and to tell time, you’d have to remove the watch and turn the band inside out. Get serious – would you really wear this other than to be “cool” – maybe once! $365 – geez! Sorry no sale here and I love cool timepieces.

3. David Allen says:

Here is a great place to buy Diesel watches, and greta price

4. Diesel Geek says:

Lets face it guys, when has watch been about being practical? Name a gadget these days that doesn’t have a clock on it. Phones, Blackberrys, Cameras even shoes. Owning a watch like a diesel watch is about having man jewelery. The jewellery has to have a function, otherwise it would be a bracelet! Personally I think there are better looking Diesel watches like these…

But I like to be able to read my watch, if I choose to look at that rather then my phone!

5. sdsdv says:

It has been long before I can find some useful articles about ray ban. Your views truly open my mind.

6. Martyn says:

I can see more watches in the future take this design, from past experience in a manual job the glass can often become scratched if the watch is of common design. With the dials on the inside chances are this is less likely to happen.

I seems that Diesel watches haven’t progressed or developed this design further as the current range has gone back to the basic design even if this post is just over a year old.

7. Nfl jerseys says:

Thanks for posting. Great article. I will twit this to all my followers, thank you.

8. wholesale chi hair straighteners says:

That was interesting.I like your quality that you put into your post.Please do continue with more like this.