Master Sword & Hylian Shield Replicas: It’S Dangerous to Cosplay Alone! Take These.

Fauxblademaster Aaron makes “convention safe” video game swords and shields in his spare time. He hasn’t made a ton of them yet, but each of his creations are very detailed. Here’s one of his creations, a fiberglass replica of the Twilight Princess version of the Master Sword, Link’s trusty weapon in the Legend of Zelda series.

Twilight Princess Master Sword prop 1

The sword is 42″ long and weighs about 3 lbs. It’s made of aluminum/fiberglass-reinforced resin and was painted with automotive paint. I haven’t played Twilight Princess so I don’t know how accurate the replica is, but it’s a nice fake sword nonetheless. Aaron also made an Ocarina of Time version of the Master Sword:

Ocarina Master Sword prop

The sword is the same length and weight as the previous one – they’re both Master Swords after all. Even though it looks plainer than the Twilight Princess sword, Aaron seems to be particularly proud of this replica: “This replica… is probably the most accurate cosplay safe collector prop out there.  I spent a great deal of time making it myself, paying careful attention to every tiny detail, and sizing overall proportions to the concept art.” Aaron, you are a skilled & hardworking man with lots of free time. I am your complete opposite.

Twilight Princess Ocarina of Time shields

What would a Master Sword be without a Hylian Shield? Still a Master Sword, that’s what. But Aaron’s shield replicas are so shiny and pointy, some Zelda fans will probably want these more than the swords. Speaking of want, Aaron made these replicas for himself, but if you want him to make replicas of these replicas, just contact him and he’ll work out a deal with you. He doesn’t have specific prices for each of his creations, but he does estimate that they’re worth $400-$600 (USD) each. You can probably commission him to make non-Zelda stuff, but of course, as Aaron himself said, new designs will take more time – and money – to finish. Check out his website for more pics and info. If you’re a web designer, try trading a sword or two in exchange for pimping up Aaron’s site. He’s a blademaster, not a webmaster. Just go to his site; you’ll see what I mean.

[via GoNintendo]

1. mandy says:

pretty detailed work there. i give it to him on the painting, that shit ain’t easy. a little geeked out tho. lol
    -mandy

2. Youjustlostthegame says:

It’s It’s BEAUTIFUL.
    Not many people can make these so nicely let alone get it so accurate
    I don’t really care for some of the new designs but he really nailed both when he made them. Now to win a lottery and buy them…..

3. Gary says:

well done. absolutely gorgeous!!!!

4. Josh says:

Gorgeous? Hell yeah! I have played ocarina of time and I loved it. This just makes me want to play twilight princess. Fantastic job!

5. alphawolf says:

they are beautiful! sword and sheild. im a true ocarina of time obsessed geek! ino all songs off by heart on the game and piano. im in the process of saving to buy a replica ocarina from the USA. they are gorgeous! keep it up!

6. Danny says:

Can i buy one of those master swords? I really want one but all the ones i find are actual swords. And i dont have the detail to make one.

7. Dorkus says:

Do want! *drools*

8. Tyler says:

Can I buy that?!

9. Sean says:

Did you look at the price..? This guy is wanting around 300-400 dollars per replica.

10. max says:

is the sword real? like can i actaly use it?

11. Brandon says:

Wow, these are amazing swords and shields. I am a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda series, and I have played both Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, so I can say that these are the most accurate Master Sword replicas I have ever seen! Both are amazing!

12. jamie says:

Wow, these swords and shields are awsome. I have played Ocarina of Time and the master sword replica is like the closest one i have seen that is like the real one in the game. Keep it up!

13. The Hero's Shade says:

The Ocarina of Time Version of The Master Sword, The Blade of Evil’s Bane shall always be in my mind… the correct Master Sword…. If only his swords were made of Steel…. I would spend as many rupees as my wallet could carry to Own a Steel Ocarina of Time Master Sword identical to the one he has made…

*sigh*

14. Fabricio says:

you sell it? And how much?

15. nathan says:

omg i want it so badly i am looking every where to see if i can buy one

• ITSALIE says:

Oh and did I forget to say THESE ARE REPLICAS!!! PROPS!!! DISPLAY ONLY!!! And as for mine…ITS REAL!!! READY TO FIGHT!!! WILL GO CLEAN THROUGH A MAN!!! And all you retards that disagree how about you take these cheap toy swords and i’ll take my REAL sword and i’ll prove how pathetic yours are.

• slenderman says:

xD sound like you like bashing people, don’t ya.
        who cares if it’s JUST a fiberglass replica that is not forged out of real steel to actually fight with?
        just go ahead and throw me in the same pot as nathan, because i own the twilight princess version of these. :D

16. nathan says:

i have been looking for one but they are all real :(

17. Jewelz says:

ALL OF MY MONEY. JUST GIVE ME THAT QAQ

18. Dark Link says:

I keep throwing money at the screen, but it’s not giving me one!

19. ITSALIE says:

What cheap shit. My friend owns one and then I own a replica they haven’t made for years. Compared: His- Cheap metal, easy scratched, blade is lose, not acurate replica, and was hundreds of dollers. Mine- Top quality rustless metal, it would take ALOT to scratch, blade goes 11 in. into the handle so of course not lose, 95% acurate replica. So over all. THESE SWORDS ARE SHIT!

20. joe says:

I can just get my dad to make one

21. monkey says:

man ive played both of those games they were very fun

22. stephon E Holland says:

Yo Where can I get one cosplay convention is coming up very soon maybe eBay what I want to know is how much is the sword