Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob in Your Mailbox! Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

Pinkified Xbox 360 Controller

by Alisha K.

As far as custom controller go, this particular project isn’t loud (though yeah, bright), it isn’t overdone, and it isn’t sparkling with a bank of flashing lights… and that’s probably why the final effect is so entirely sleek and professional.

custom paint pink xbox 360

Flickr user 4apples posted pictures of this controller project, stating that he completed this (sans the LEDs that he’ll add later) as a gift for his girlfriend, who wanted a “special” controller. Congratulations, unnamed girl. Your man is thoughtful and talented.

But as impressive as the finished project is, I really like this picture of the painted pieces. So many of the custom paint jobs I’ve seen end up looking a little sloppy, or the paint just isn’t quite right. Here, you can really see how nice each individually painted piece looks.

tb-pinkcontroller2

I’ve seen mods for sale that don’t look this nice. Just sayin’.

Hot pink, eh? Are the 1980s back?

2. alisha k. says:

Don’t hate, you know you like it.

I wish I had one like this, but with red.

3. Kayli says:

I just painted mine in this style tonight, but in electric blue. So far it looks pretty :)

4. alisha k. says:

If this becomes a trend, I will be in custom controller heaven. I guess I just like the simple things!

5. Whitney says:

What kind of paint do you use for this. My husband is looking for a blue controller but since they are discontinued I thought I would make him a modified one like this as a christmas present.

6. Zackry says:

This is sick! i want one like this

Looks like XCM has taken this one and run with it…

8. james says: