Assassinate Your Friends With Real-Life “Extension Knife”

I didn’t much care for Assassin’s Creed, but I will concede that the assassin’s retractable dagger is a pretty badass weapon. And in the most literal sense of “badass.” So you would think news of a real-life assassin’s dagger being manufactured would elicit a sheepish smirk from me. Well, not so much. No, instead I’m very, very concerned.

ac altair

The “assassin extension knife” is being made by Museum Replicas, prop makers whose catalog is rife with replicas from Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Terminator, 300, and lots of other geek-friendly names. And while a lot of their products run pretty high in price, the extension knife is a paltry $125 (USD). In addition to Altaïr’s extension knife, Museum Replicas are also selling virtually every component of his outfit – over tunic, under tunic, vambraces, boots, belt . . . if I were a cosplayer, I’d have struck gold.

extension knife

So why am I concerned about this knife, which is designed to be concealed, hitting the market? Remember that scene towards the end of V for Vendetta, where the inspector says how he can “see” how everything will unfold? Well, I’m having the same experience, but about this knife. Prophetically, I can see an “accidental discharge,” blood being shed, and the ensuing media storm (spearheaded by Fox News) that will damage video games’ already weak credibility.

So by all means, get your fan boy or fan girl on. Just… exercise a whole lot of caution when you do. My last roommate once stabbed himself in his gut with a katana, and that thing’s big. I imagine it’s much easier to wound yourself, or others, with a retractable knife strapped to your forearm.

[via Kotaku]

Can I use this on whoever was responsible for the slow frame rate of that damned game? And then the guy who came up with the repetitive gameplay? And wasn’t there some escort mission stuff too?

2. chris h. says:

Yes, pls. Also, stab whoever thought building a gigantic explorable Jerusalem but only stocking it full of achievement “flags” was a good idea. Then I shall love you oreeevvveeerrr.

• technabob says:

Why is it that Crackdown was basically the same game, but was a million times more enjoyable? Oh yeah, climbing buildings in a single bound… and driving cars up them.

3. n ddbuz says:

ILL BUY BE COLL IF U COULD GET IT FOR KDS O GOD MY CHILD COULD GO TO SCHOLL WITH DAT w000t

4. ... says:

this is a collecter’s item… knives, swords, and other pointy objects have been around for a while now. i imagine that if crazy people needed something to stab other people with, they wouldn’t have waited untill this particular item was made. in reality i worry more about being shot… with a gun.. they are a new invetion if you haven’t heard of them. so, for your ignorance, i wish some would purshase this item, and stab you with it.

5. Stinkypig2000 says:

can i actully buy this?
    i ive in the uk

6. A. Sassin says:

this mocks the real thing. whre’s the f**kng ring mech?

7. A. Sassin says:

and yes ive made ‘the real thing’ no i wont tell how

8. ..... says:

i really want one sssssoooooo bad i cant find one cheap online so i am going to a Japan store and try to buy one online cuz i cant afford to fly to japan