Web Browsers Illustrated

Caldwell Tanner is a cartoonist for College Humor and he made this great little cartoon comparing the different browsers to their equivalent modes of transportation…

web browsers illustratedmagnify

I found this hilarious, especially when I saw what he chose to represent Firefox. I use Firefox as my main browser, but it’s true that it can quickly become overloaded if you use too many add-ons or extensions. A fresh install is always nice when those memory leaks start to bog you down.

I do use Chrome sometimes, especially if I don’t want to open all of my saved tabs in Firefox, I’ve also noticed that it’s pretty fast, though in my unscientific tests, it’s not faster than Firefox. Still, Chrome and Firefox are getting more and more extensions and add-ons.

Which browser do you use most? And don’t say Lynx.

[College Humor via Presurfer]

1. XpAcErX says:

This is such a good depiction, i still love my clunky firefox though

2. nietaki says:

Firefox – I have it configured the way I like it and it does pretty much everything I want it to. Plus now I couldn’t live without some of its add-ons :)

3. brianh says:

haha love it! i use chrome and its fast… made me smile =)

4. sarreq says:

since I joined the Android Army, my Droid’s default browser. though I do plan to terry Fennec when it’s out.

5. VickieB says:

For the most part, FF .. with some add-ons.

6. Drunken Scholar says:

Chrome all the way for me. I like the look, the speed, and the extensions aren’t nearly as intrusive as firefox addons.

7. Firefoxer:) says:

Firefox user here! Like it for the addons…the speed is pretty decent! great illustrations by the way. Good job. Would love it if you could do a Windows, Mac, Linux (various distros) cartoon which is similar to your browsers cartoon:)

8. Me says:

I use Internet Explorer.

I quite like it.

9. Sergey Brin says:

I think I like Internet Explorer the best. Occasionally I use Safari. Never Chrome.

10. beebig says:

you can configure firefow the way you want and it comes add-on free :) so its up to you if u install all the addons and the other craps. so its firefox for me :D

i never use IE,sometimes i browse in Chrome and the rest i have them installed just for browser testing.

11. Shaniqua says:

i like internet explorer, and i like horses so yea, internet explorer ftw.

12. Steve says:

I personally prefer Opera. I think that it looks very nice, although, I have to admit that Firefox is very good too.