11th Doctor Gets His Own Sonic Screwdriver Replica

Matt Smith, the 11th Doctor has been on the air for over a year now, and it’s  high time for a replica of his sonic screwdriver to be made. Just like the Doctor changes bodies when he regenerates, the same thing happens to his tech.

11th_doctor_sonic_screwdriver

This replica comes with a green LED light and spring-loaded extending action. There is a button that activates the sound effects and LED lights. While this sonic screwdriver won’t let you do what the real one does, it looks like the real fake thing.

The 11th Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver Prop Replica is available over at Amazon for $24 (USD). Money well spent? Let us know. I have to admit that I wanted lightsaber replicas for a long time, but ultimately was disappointed in the ones that were available without spending  tons of money.

[via GeekAlerts]

1. Rob says:

How on earth is this “news”? That toy was released around the time of Smith’s first series… and we’re about to see his second… so it’s about a year out of date. Well done.

2. Range says:

Well, we hadn’t reported about it and I still think it’s something fun.

3. racerx says:

is this version of it for sale? because the ones i find on ebay and amazon arent quite as detailed as this fine specimen. they also look like they are plastic

4. Benjamin says:

The replica that they sell at Amazon is different than the version you’ve got a picture of. The Amazon replica is plastic, and the buttons are different.

Where did you get your picture?

5. Jr says:

I too have found that the link you have poster is to the toy version of the sonic as apposed to the one that you have a picture of. I am intrigued to where I could by an exact replica(as pictured on this page)and would be glad for you to inform me, and the others, as to where we could find such an item.

Thanks.

6. Roogag says:

That picture is the plastic one! If you look at the top end you can tell that it’s obviously not metal, just plastic. The rest of it is misleading because of how much it looks like metal. Anyways, I would also love to know if there is any place to find a fully fledged replica of the actual screwdriver, or if there is someway to craft our own.

7. Scyphir says:

I think the one pictured is an actual replica, yet links to the toy. If you compare the two, the button is in a different place, I don’t see a seam where the mold came together on the “claws” and I don’t see where the extra button opens at the butt of the handle. I would love to have a metal one that also made sounds and whatnot, but for a lower price than the 9th/10th Doctor’s sold at The Celestial Toystore.

8. Christian says:

Where can i find a replica like the one u have in the picture?

9. Christian says:

Where can i find a replica like the one in the picture?

10. Mike says:

I wish they sell the actual cuz my 10/11 screwdrivers breaks fast … :P

11. Tovi says:

I know everyone knows this but you can get the real deal of Matt Smith’s version of sonic screwdriver from the real prop maker Nick Robatto in Quantum Mechanix .. I know its pricy but its the real deal from the real prop maker.

12. trysten says:

can i get a free sonic pls pls pls pls pls

13. Runtuk says:

Please set up the Amazon page with the correct sonic screwdriver. I don’t want a plastic one, I want a proper one like the one in the picture on this page. Thanks!