X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Samsung Sliding PC vs. Notion Ink Adam Infographic

by Range

The iPad 2 was just announced this week and it’s interesting to see it compared to the other tablets that are currently on the market. GeeksAreSexy compares the iPad 2 to the Motorola Xoom, the Samsung Sliding PC 7, and the Notion Ink Adam.

ipad 2 apple comparo motorola xoom notion ink adam samsung sliding pczoom in

The iPad 2 starts out at $499 (USD), but that’s just for the base model. The 64GB 3G+WiFi version will set you back a cool $829. Apple’s main advantage is that this is the second generation of their tablet so they’ve had time to polish the device even further. The competition is just playing catch-up.

Will you get an iPad 2? I might since I don’t have one, but I don’t like how closed iOS is. I prefer to be able to do what I want with my computers, not have Apple decide what I can install.

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. Technabob says:

There’s one inaccuracy I see – the iPad and iPad 2 both run the same OS, so why do they say the iPad doesn’t support multitasking, and the iPad 2 does? Maybe at launch, the iPad didn’t support it, but when OS 4.2 came out, it got multitasking. Sure, Apple’s version of multitasking is a little lame, but it’s the same on iPhone, iPad and iPad 2.

2. Range says:

The iPad 2 is nice, but I’d rather pick up a MacBook Air when they upgrade the specs than the iPad. I’ll get a lot more work done on it than an iPad.

3. CGB says:

not sure why everyone keeps saying the Ipad is the epitome of tablet computing when you even look at things like this you find that there are better things out there even after Apple “upgraded” to the Ipad 2 is still looks like crap next to Adam, even if it has a better camera, why should I care when I can just pull out my trusty point and shoot that’s more convenient at parties, touring, and art any way. A camera on the device just means I can video chat next time I’m at Peace Park and give my parents and siblings a live tour.

4. ms4130 says:

Ok, this is BS. First off the Adam tablet is likely NOT 15 hours. Also it doesn’t start at $327. You’re spending $375 for Wifi-only, LCD screen and $50 shipping without question. If you buy Pixel Qi version with Wifi & 3G, you’re out $600 with shipping. I’m still waiting on mine. Been 3 months now. Multiple delays. I can only wait…..

5. New iPad 2 is more than you dream it about.

6. Jscottu says:

If I were going to get a tablet I would get the Notion Ink adam. But I will probably stick with netbooks because I can type much faster on a real keyboard, it has user changable battery (as does the adam) and I am not locked into one operating system.

7. Jscottu says:

• Mg says:

Do you know that the samsung sliding pc has an integrated keyboard already? That’s why it is called “sliding”

8. Jscottu says: