Nevada Passes Legislation Allowing Google’s Driverless Cars to Cruise State Highways

I think you can agree with me, people are generally stupid. Put stupid behind the wheel and you get an idiot driver that will text, eat, and read all while doing 80 MPH down the highway in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Google is looking for a way to combat the accidents all the idiot drivers around the country cause by not paying attention. According to Google, the way to solve distracted driving is to simply not have the driver do the driving.

googlecar sg

The search giant has created some awesome tech that allows the fleet of autonomous vehicles to drive and navigate without needing any input from a person. Google has been backing a bill in Nevada that has now been passed. The bill in question is Assembly Bill No 511 and it makes operating Google’s (and presumably other) driverless vehicles on Nevada state roads legal.

That means drivers in Nevada may soon be passed by cars with no driver on their way to work. I bet most people will never notice since they are too busy reading, eating or texting anyway. The tech sounds cool, but I would like to see just how well it works and responds to random and unexpected emergencies like a deer or child suddenly running out in front of the car.

[via inhabitat]

1. Peter Cao says:

Looking at the truth is irritating but inevitable…

This self-drivi­­ng car project is crime ridden: its project leader Sebastian Thrun retaliated on me along with a criminal suspect; Google’s Eric Schmidt sheltered Thrun after Thrun was descipline­­d at Stanford, and then an innocent Stanford student May Zhou was murdered by powers behind Thrun and Schmidt to threaten my life and to terrorize Stanford; when Google’s Eric Schmidt was removed from Google CEO position because of his crime in this case, Germany powers directly came to Stanford to mess up, and German powers had malfunctio­­ned the U.S. legal system to cover up Thrun’s and Schmidt’s crimes etc.

Peter Cao
    peter_vist­[email protected]­m

2. Peter Cao says:

This self driving car project started from a group lead by a German scholar named Sebastian Thrun in Stanford. Sebastian Thrun had involved himself into a criminal case in which he collaberated with another German scholar to retaliate on me and falsely accused me at authorities [Stanford Police Case Number: IR #04-111-03­35]

Sebastian Thrun was sheltered at Google after his consistent standing on the criminal suspect side against ruling from Stanford. Google’s Eric Schmidt had abused his google power to back up Thrun’s crimes in Stanford. Especially, on 02/25/2007, Eric Schmidt had sent me message to threaten my life with the mysterious death of Stanford student MayZhou http://www.mayzhou.com for Thrun’s sake during his fight with Stanford. According to my knowledge May Zhou’s case is actually a plotted murder with undeniable supporting evidence that no one would officially say it was a suicide any more. I bet Thrun must have known something about May Zhou before her disappeara­nce and therefore before the case could be clarified, Thrun’s name is not clear in this plotted murder case either. — a confirmed point.

3. Peter Cao says:

Investigations from authorities had indicated that it is powers behind Eric Schmidt and Sebastian Thrun who murdered this completely innocent girl May Zhou, to threaten me an to terrorize Stanford. Both Thrun and Schmidt were backed up by powers from Germany. And their crimes were well covered up by powers behind them, so that no one dare clarify this case at authorities so far. [German Chancellor Angela Merkel even came to Stanford in April 2010 to support Thrun and Schmidt's crime against Stanford, and months later that year, German powers almost set up a coup in Stanford before it was cracked down by California Judicial Authorities]. From what I learned, their side had endangered my life several times, the only reason they didn’t take an action so far is because they are closely watched by securities …

4. Technabob says:

Peter: I’m really not sure that your points have any relevance to this story, and are better told to the appropriate authorities if you have concerns. This is a Tech blog.

5. Peter Cao says:

My point is that I am being molested by the crimes associated from personnel with this project, and there are more serious crimes out of this project which has not been concurred, and I am being cursed by such crimes. I posted the story here for public eyes to pressure this case being clarified.

I am glad you read my poster. To leave my posters here or not is up to you.

• Sinner says:

PETER CAO, I have seen your info all over the web about thrun and the driverless car and the free AI classes from stanford.

You do know you sound like a crazy person right now dont you? You have shown no evidence nor shown any links, you simply say ‘They did it’ then you dont even say how, why or what!

I am prepared to believe anyone who can present their ideas tangibly but I have struggled to find any content to your ‘information’ because you are not releasing it! Come ON, you got people to notice you now.. SO TELL US THE BIG NEWS! and dont leave anything out, if you do, no one will believe you. You cant do an EXPOSE` without exposing the details of your allegations!

MAKE A PAGE, POST EVIDENCE, SHOW FOR ALL
      If you want the world to know… TELL US ALREADY!

• Peter Cao says:

Crazying things happened to me from those criminals, which drove me kind of crazy on the web, but not out of contorl. I am not trying to make a BIG NEWS, but just try to push the case to go forward to clarify it. I don’t have much time or facilities to do this tough job, but be patience.

• Peter Cao says:

Looking at the truth is irritating but inevitable.

Here are the latest development, follow the threads, there are evidence.

here is the latest development about Stanford student May Zhou’s case when someone said the case was

officially closed [ http://bit.ly/mayzhoucase ]

• Peter Cao says:

a typo above:
          >>I have publicly challenged those criminals. The points is they dare clearly deny it.
          ========================================
          I have publicly challenged those criminals. The points is they dare NOT clearly deny it.

• Peter Cao says:

I could tell you that everything I posted on the web has been investigated and proved and that Schmidt lost his Google CEO position and that Thrun was desciplined are the best evidence.

The whole case had been going on for many years, during which time I had repeatedly challenge Schmidt and Thrun’s side to confront me to clarify the case. while they dare not, powers on their side had systematically intruded my privacy and totally destroied all my social relations. They had underhandedly cut out my financial resources, harass my landlady to get me homeless, mob my innocent friends to condemn me, decieve me, threatening my life several times, including with May Zhou’s case, etc. After suffering for more than six years, I finanlly decide to post the case on the web to publicly challenge them.

I had posted the case since 2009, but for a long time, they just pretend not seeing it. You know why? Becasuse they are afraid that suing me would bring up May Zhou’s case. This case is regarding to people’s lives, and when it regards to people’s lives, there should not be any compromise or any dubious or obscure points left.

tell more soon…

6. Michael says:

What are these comments I don’t even

Awesome hopefully I’ll still be alive when we get some autopilot hover cars.