Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock: Wake Up or Go Deaf

We feature quirky alarm clocks on almost a weekly basis. On the other hand, the creators of the Sonic Bomb alarm clock didn’t bother to think of unique ways of waking people up. They just went with pure power. The maximum loudness of this alarm clock is 113dB – that’s as loud as, if not louder than a jackhammer or chain saw. It may even be enough to cause hearing loss. If this doesn’t wake you up, your neighbors tearing your flesh to shreds will.

sonic bomb alarm clock

The Sonic Bomb also has three red LEDs that can be made to flash and comes with a vibrating pad you can place under your pillow to shake you awake.

sonic bomb alarm clock vibrator

Again, not terribly creative, and also unnecessary in the face of its ear-splitting sonic blast. If you think you need something this strong, hit up Hammacher Schlemmer and pay $35 (USD). Or go see a specialist.

[via Gear Patrol]

1. Matt Russell says:

good for people with hearing problems.

2. Raydra Hall says:

This alarm clock is made specifically for people with hearing loss or that are deaf. Definitely not for a hearing person.

• Raydra (and to Matt as well), I’m genuinely curious: does this mean that a person who already has hearing problems won’t suffer from additional damage with continued exposure to loud noise? Or is the additional damage negligible enough that devices like this are deemed safe for them to use?

• jaysjunk2000 says:

First I am not deaf or hard of hearing. This alarm clock is not that loud, although you can change the tone and volume. I have had older alarm clocks that were louder and more effective with the same alarm as the one neo is woken up to after the club scene in the matrix. That scene makes my skin crawl which is definitely a Pavlovian response. The way I use mine is with the vibrating puck but without the audio alarm so that the kids are not woken up when it goes off. The important thing to get is the 15′ extention cord for the vibrating puck so you dont just roll over and shut it off in your sleep.

3. Dan says:

This alarm clock is awesome! What the writer didn’t mention is that you can set the alarm to vibrate, which disables the buzzer. With the vibrating pad placed under the mattress (not your pillow, that’s just idiotic), the alarm makes for a gentle, non-startling wake up each morning. I swear by this thing (except for the time I accidentally unplugged the vibrating pad, which sucked).

4. Scandia says:

5. Scandia says:

It may not very creative, but this is my alarm clock. Im deaf and this is what i wake up to. The ones you hearing people use are useless to me because they emit noise and noise is not what i need. The LED lights are barely bright enough, and the vibrator pad is what wakes me up daily. You can put it under the pillow for a rough experience or under the mattress for a softer vibrating wake up. I have yet to experience angry neighbors because my buzzer is OFF. ;)