Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob in Your Mailbox! Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

TARDIS DVD Bookcase Transports You to Any Place (in Your Movie Collection)

by Paul Strauss

You know me. Just slap a TARDIS on pretty much anything, and I think it’s cool. But this particular TARDIS is one of my favorite builds in a while. It’s a full-size bookcase made in the form of a TARDIS.

tardis_bookshelves_1

It was built by UK model-maker msmuse101 – with the help of her Dad – over the last few months, and it really looks great. When closed, it looks just like the iconic blue police box, but when the doors opened up, it conceals eight shelves for books – or in msmuse’s case – her DVD collection.

Unfortunately, she didn’t capture any photos during construction, nor any directions for making your own, but that’s okay. How many of you were really going to run out and start building one tonight anyhow? Check out more photos and discussion about the Tardis Bookcase over at The RPF. Great job, msmuse101 (and Dad!)

1. Victoria Dixon says:

That is SO awesome. I want! LOL

2. msmuse101 says:

Video, talky, what not, do dah of the Tardis bookcase can be seen here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paok_31gElw&feature=g-upl =D

3. annette says:

my son wood adore one them could put his toys in it he is obsessed with doctor who and he only 3 and half

4. Mandy says:

I’m planning on running out and making one! As soon as I get the materials. =) I want one of these so bad for my den.

5. Jessica says:

oooh My husband built a Han in Carbonite & made it a DVD case!

6. Hilly says: