Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob in Your Mailbox! Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

Roll-Up Travel Charger: Power Up with Style

by Range

When I travel with my chargers, it’s usually a mess, with cables everywhere and tangled up in my bag. You’re probably the same way. This is why Restoration Hardware’s Roll Up Travel Charger is a cool addition to anyone’s kit bag.

roll up charger travel leather restoration hardware retro

The Roll Up Travel Charger is basically a power stick that hooks up to an AC adapter at one end, and offers an additional four sockets to charge up your various devices. This can be quite useful because in most hotel rooms, you’ll be lucky to find just one socket to power up. The outputs will charge iOS devices, mini USB, and micro USB ports. There’s also a Samsung charger. When not in use, the whole thing rolls up neatly and snaps closed.

It sells for $49 (USD), so it’s not too expensive and it’s an elegant solution to all of your travel-based charging quandaries.

[via Wired]

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. PattiP says:

AnyI got one of these for Christmas and while it is a great concept, it has one fatal flaw. It is only useful for 4 different devices if you happen to own 4 different devices that use the 4 different connectors. What I need are 4 different mini USB connectors for my android phones and kindles. I have had no luck finding a place to order any connectors. Any one out there have any ideas?

2. PattiP says:

Thank you! I have ordered a couple and will let you know if they work.

3. Fuz says:

I was so excited when I bought this, but what a wasted opportunity! The picture on the package looks pretty enough. And it DOES have the most *common* charger plugs. BUT nothing about this is portable. The AC cord and the multiple chargers are NOT stored away in this beautiful leather case. The leather simply rolls around the “station”. So you are still left remembering all the cords or hunting for them when you need them. The picture on the container makes it seem as though everything rolls up and can be carried as one piece, but that isn’t so. #FAIL

• PattiP says:

I have a sleeve from an old travel umbrella that I have slipped it into. Hopefully that will help me keep everything together…once I get the adapter tips I ordered.

• chad says:

Exactly what he said. This is a huge waste of money. Poorly designed.

4. PattiP says:

I got my Charge4all adapter tips and used them all over the weekend. They work great. My travel charger is now fully functional. They have adapter tips for about everything. I slipped everything into a cover from an old umbrella and it keeps everything together. A ziplock would work just as well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

5. parves says:

This is great news for everyone. I know that a lot of people, including me, are dreaming of taking some short vacation in Bangladesh. The discounted travel airfare is a big factor for travelers to save some money. The cash could still be used to other matter while traveling in Bangladesh.
    Travel

Our Latest & Greatest Posts...

Micro LEGO Computer Has Stackable Modules: NUCs and Bricks