My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic – Brawler for Bronies

Yesterday we saw a fan made 2D fighter featuring Pokémon. Here’s something that everypony can get behind: another fan-made 2D fighter, this time featuring the characters from the cartoon My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

my little pony fighting is magic 2d fighter

Appropriately named My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic, the game is being made by indie developer Mane6. Gameplay-wise, Fighting is Magic seems similar to the Marvel vs. Capcom series. The ponies have four basic attacks – Light, Medium, Hard and of course Magic. As you’ll see in the gameplay footage below, there are also launchers, aerial combos and high-powered special attacks.

The game is currently in pre-alpha, but have patience. The folks at Mane6 promise that a version of the game will be released soon, featuring lead characters Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie Pie, with more characters coming. Fighting is Magic will also have online play, a “lengthy” story mode with boss fights and will be totally free. No “pre-order now to get the Nightmare Moon exclusive” gimmick.

[via Reddit]

1. Rustin Haase says:

I’m sure my daughters would be entertained by this but this sure is a contrast to the original concept. They used to encourage wholesome, loving, grooming, behavior for little mothers in training. Although interesting, it is also a bit sickening. Is nothing pure? What are we all coming to? This world needs more wholesomeness, not more violence. I know, when it comes to games, wholesome is boring. sigh…

• metaXzero says:

Grooming for little mothers? Last I checked, the original MLP was just made as a show for girls in general to enjoy. Not for “little mothers in training”. Not that it matters since the latest Generation of the show which is based on does not follow that. Friendship is Magic is simply a show that little girls and their parents can enjoy. It can be educational, but its not specifically about educating your girls. ESPECIALLY NOT about teaching them how to be an ideal girl.

And you’re kinda taking this fighting thing too seriously. It’s a game. It’s a competition. No one dies or even gets bloody. And ultimately, it actually wasn’t made with little girls in mind. The game was made by older male fans of the shows (commonly known as bronies) to be played by bronies.

• Rustin Haase says:

I probably am taking it too seriously. Call it just me, but I find that level of aggression in female characters repugnant. (unless she is defending her young) I guess, to each his own. :-)

• metaXzero says:

As I said though, in-game, they are in a competition and they are all have a drive to win. Surely you can respect a girl with a competitive spirit? :)

Though yeah, to each their own.

• Rustin Haase says:

Quote: Surely you can respect a girl with a competitive spirit? :) Yes, I can. :)

If I’m changing channels and come upon a roller derby game, it could be some time before I change the channel, but I’m not sure I should be proud of that fact. :-)

2. adinda says:

how to download this game?

3. Carlos salas says:

This should be on the AppStore for iPhone and iPod touch for free because 1.marvel vs capcom made it to the AppStore without any difficulties and 2.this will be on the top 10 apps for apple devices and it will boom up and the creators of that game will get lots of money :)