X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter
Awesomer Media Sites: THE AWESOMER | MIGHTYMEGA | 95OCTANE
subscribe to our rss feedsubscribe via e-mailfollow technabob on twittertechnabob facebook fan pageGoogle+follow us in feedly
Follow Us:

Mariclaro Upcycled Bags: Made from Airbags, Car Upholstery and Other Weird Stuff

by Range

I never thought about reusing a spent airbag for much of anything, but it does make sense to upcycle this kind of durable material if you can. Toronto-based Mariclaro makes them all into backpacks and carryalls that are quite different from others that I’ve seen.

mariclaro airbag backpack upcycled

Mariclaro also salvages truck tarps, seat belts, bicycle inner tubes, and boat sails to created their laptop sleeves, messenger bags, briefcases and bags. 99% of each bag comes from upcycled materials. The remaining 1% is the thread and logo.

mariclaro airbag backpack upcycled

Some of their stuff is pretty cool, including the laptop sleeves made from bicycle inner tubes. Some of the bags are even waterproof as a bonus.

mariclaro airbag backpack upcycled

Prices start at around $29(USD) for an iPhone sleeve and go up to $299 for the Airbag Back Pack.

[via NOTCOT]




Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

Comments (1):

  1. Hilary says:

    Wow. I love the backpack. So sleek looking, damn that price tag! The most unique upcycled bags I’ve seen are these: http://badtadmd.com/?p=305 They’re made out of the straps used on ambulance backboards, but limited in colors.

    Thanks for sharing!

Recent Posts

Macintosh Classic Turned from Trash to Trash Bin

Macintosh Classic Turned from Trash to Trash Bin

Pikachu-shaped Pork Patties: I Choose You, Porkachu!

Pikachu-shaped Pork Patties: I Choose You, Porkachu!

Legend of Zelda Navi LED Lamp Is Asking to Be Thrown

Legend of Zelda Navi LED Lamp Is Asking to Be Thrown

Disney Scented Candles Smell Like the Haunted Mansion

Disney Scented Candles Smell Like the Haunted Mansion

Frinkiac Is a Search Engine That Finds Screencaps from the Simpsons

Frinkiac Is a Search Engine That Finds Screencaps from the Simpsons

More from Awesomer Media...

The Awesomer Logo MightyMega Logo 95octane Logo
Win Prizes in the Technabob Shop
discussion by