Double Barrel 1911 Semi-Automatic Pistol: Two Times the Gun

I used to think that Dirty Harry packed the most hardcore weapon with his .44 Magnum. I’m not sure if that’s still the most powerful handgun in the world. Probably not. Certainly not after this double barrel semi-automatic. Why shoot one bullet when you can double down? Farmers and other shotgun-toting folk have it right. Two bullets are better than one.

double barrel 1911 a

Meet the AF2011-A1 “Second Century” by Arsenal Firearms. It will put two holes in whatever you shoot. This double barrel pistol is pretty beautiful and twice as deadly as your old one shooter. Rest assured that whatever you shoot is going down quickly if it gets hit with two bullets instead of one.

The gun is made in Italy and while I doubt they will be widely available to everyone soon – it seems like they are trying to entice the military and law enforcement with these bad boys. This is awesome and scary at the same time.

[via Obvious Winner]

1. Passing Stranger says:

Dear jeebus, possibly the most stupid idea in recent firearms design since the Dardick…………

2. SDMann says:

ALL OF MY WANT.

3. Roberta X says:

The Flinch-induce-a-tron 4500!

He’s not a small guy and he’s wearing padded gloves — and he is still flinching a bit. I think I’ll stick with a plain single 1911 and work on getting faster with magazine swaps.

4. romeo says:

I LOVE IT ,AND I WILL GET ONE

5. Scrounger says:

Interesting and novel concept. I want one….maybe two. But, it was born to be a safe queen. And, 100 years from now, it will still be awesome.

6. riverrunner says:

wonder why they don’t show the target after the shot,accuracy must suck.

• Robert M says:

That’s why no one uses double-barrel shotguns or double rifles, right?

• Houndmaster says:

Not inherently. Twice the recoil, yes, but if it’s well made (and considering pistol was created after an Italian city that was renowned for high quality hand guns) it should be fine. Plus, after two 45′s turn your face into red paste, I’d like to see you complain. In defense, stopping power>pretty much everything else.

• mike t says:

A watermelon at 25 yds and an orange at 15 yards. look it up on arsenal firearms dot com but don’t expect to see the actual target shooting that’s just product info.Perfect for home defense and property protection. Gloves are good for ANY 45 because of normal recoil unless one is stupid and wants serious blisters. Consider if you have to use this double barrel in a real situation, you won’t need gloves because the minimal amount of usage needed for a single domestic encounter.

• mike t says:

It’s a 9mm but the page I mentioned equaled the recoil to a 45

7. Callahan says:

It is a novelty item. Rare, but useless. It would break your wrist. Just go get a Desert Eagle if you want to eff something up that bad.

8. GM1/0812 says:

I have seen it all. Why do people have to go and defile a classic piece of AMERICANA? GAYNESS all the way

9. Don says:

Conner: Check out the S&W 50 magnum. Much more power that the 44 mag

10. sleeper says:

am i the only person to be reminded of bloodnofski from green hornet?

11. William D says:

“I do my double tap at the same time…”

12. james says:

the recoil looks to be small due to how heavy the gun must be my judge with pdx1 rounds kicks alot more than that. accuracy is going to be the same as a normal 1911 all they did was slap two guns together and flip the ejector on one side

13. crystal says:

I want one does anyone know where to find the price?

14. Zaheer Uddin says:

Any body know what is the cost of this new Pistol?