Move Over, Spork; the Knork’s in Town!

The first time I saw (and used) a spork was because it was included in the bowl of instant noodles that I was eating for dinner. It was a clever design, but I didn’t find it the most useful thing in the world because I had a hard time forking the noodles and an even harder time spooning the soup.

Perhaps building on the trend of combining basic utensils into one is the Knork. If you haven’t guessed already, it’s a knife and a fork combined into one.

Knork
These Knorks basically look like forks with a beveled edge on one side, which functions as the knife. They come in both disposable and stainless steel versions to suit your every meal that requires a knife and a fork.

Knork

To be honest, I thought Knorks were a joke at first, because wouldn’t the insides of people’s mouths get cut because of the sharp knife edge? (Gory mental image, I know.)

I don’t know how they did it but they sure put a lot of thought into the design so that the edges don’t cut you when you’re forking food into your mouth. These Knorks are available in packs of four from Amazon for $22.99(USD) and in various other sets from the official Knork store. I will now stop saying Knork.

[via Coolest Gadgets]

1. Linda says:

This is stupid and waste of time, energy and money.

2. Boomer says:

Clone High

3. David says:

When cutting food, one holds the food in place with a fork and cuts with a knife. This tool would only be useful on foods that are soft enough to be cut without pinning them in place with a second tool. Of course, you could use two knorks, but that defeats the purpose of combining roles.

4. Plip says:

Knorks are actually a pretty legitimate idea; anyone who ever used the side of their fork to cut something has used a knork. … But what IS stupid is charging almost $6 for a single knork. Only idiot would pay that much for ANY utensil… but you know there will be idiots out there who will buy it (particularly trendy rich people who think that just because it’s expensive, it MUST be unique!) Puke.

5. TeddyPendadoreIII says:

Plip you’ve proved to us your status as a poor person these we not made for poor scum like you

6. Youfail says:

TeddyPendadorelll, you’ve proved to us that a book that teaches proper grammer and spelling is not for you.

7. scared says:

I would think this could seriously slice the corners of your mouth and or tongue.

8. mike says:

you’ll end up like the joker from batman