Get Technabob in Your Mailbox Every Day! Join our Mailing List!
subscribe to our rss feedsubscribe via e-mailfollow technabob on twittertechnabob facebook fan pageGoogle+follow us in feedly
Follow Us:

High-Voltage Plasma TV Burnout Is Spectactular, Dangerous


After watching countless “will it blend?” videos, I was actually getting pretty burnt out on viewing the destruction of countless innocent gadgets. Maybe it was because of the monotony of watching stuff getting chopped up in a blender. For those of you who’d like to see some stuff destroyed in a different way, you’ve come to the right place now.


What we have here is a video of the demolition of the screen on a defunct LG plasma display, courtesy of a microwave transformer. By connecting the high voltage leads of one of these dangerous transformers to the screen of this plasma, YouTuber Aussie50 puts on a spectactular lightshow, while risking life and limb.

Amazingly, the display doesn’t just peter out after a couple of minutes of high-voltage, but keeps going for almost 15 minutes. Needless to say, playing around with plasma screens and microwave transformers is really dangerous stuff, and you could kill yourself in an instant if you accidentally come in contact with a spark – or flying glass from an exploding plasma screen. Suffice it to say, do not try this at home. Leave it to the professionals (or the professional lunatics like Aussie50.)

[via Doobybrain]

Post a Comment:

Want a personal avatar on your comments? Sign up for a free Gravatar now!

Note: All comments with links in them will be held for moderation in order to prevent spam, so you may not see your post appear immediately.

More from Awesomer Media...