Bandra Ohm is the Coolest High-Rise Ever

You might have already read it from the title, but let me repeat it for emphasis: the Bandra Ohm is the coolest design for a high-rise for a building ever!

bandra ohm hi rise concept 1

As you can see, the design gets its name from the shape that inspired it: the Ohm symbol. The Bandra Ohm is a design by James Law Cybertecture, and the residential high-rise incorporates thirty stories of architectural delights and features terrace pools on select units of the structure.

bandra ohm hi rise concept 2

The design concept of the tower is inspired by the ripple effect generated by water droplets, which is also known as the capillary wave. The image of the ripple emphasizes fluidity and this idea is reflected in the tower’s design. The outline of the tower demonstrates the fluidity and dynamic nature of the ripple.

The design is supposedly for a location in Mumbai, India, but it’s unclear if it’s actually being built as of yet. If it ever gets built, I’d want to get a unit for myself.

[via Geekologie via Dvice]

1. Jenn says:

Very pretty but also very scary. I’m sure the architect has thought of everything but the thought of one of the panels of the pool weakening & giving way & the water pretty much carrying the swimmer over the edge of this building is terrifying.

2. Rick says:

Have fun keeping the pools clean!

3. Rick says:

oh yeah, and where is the pool ladder?

4. Woof says:

The pool isn’t more than a meter deep. You get out easily without a ladder.
    I agree the pool isn’t for the faint-hearted – that is to say people scared of heights. To have the edge of the pool on a precipice is one thing, but to be able to see it through the water is a little scary at first with all that about breaking glass and falling down in your head. But I would certainly be able to get used to it :)

If you’ll excuse me: I’m going outside to flood my balcony, only 7th floor but what the heck … ;)

5. yusuf says:

Dear ,
    I am a pool builder from mumbai, very much near Bandra and also have a lot of pool in mumbai under my maintenance. Dont know where has this said building come up.

6. theresa says:

This building is awesome!

7. C. Ott. says:

Cool looking but you couldn’t pay me to live in there. Besides there is no pasture for my horses. lol

8. sarah says:

I’d like to know where in bandra there is room for a building of this size lol

9. Cuidaooo!! says:

Mae deu!!

10. ho says:

I hope this never gets built

11. zanynurse says:

These photographs appear to be of a projected building. A model. Look at the buildings in the background etc. Computer generated humans added to depict scale. Has this building been constructed as yet? Hmmm.