Wii U Update Adds New Features, Stability, Performance
April 29th, 2013
Nintendo has announced a major update to its Wii U game console. The new update is available to download right now and adds a bunch of refinements and enhancements to the console’s operating software.
One of the biggest things delivered with the new update is improved stability and performance for the console. The update also brings faster load times when switching between applications. The update also lays the groundwork for the coming launch of the Wii U Virtual Console service. Owners of Nintendo’s latest console will also soon be able to take advantage of the Wii U Panorama View.
Other changes that come with the update include the ability to go into standby mode and then power itself off when all downloads and installations are complete. Users can now install games and other applications from the Nintendo eShop in the background while other software is being used. You can also now transfer data between two USB storage devices in the Data Management area. There are also a number of other updates included – the complete list is below:
- The time required to start the Wii U console, launch built-in applications, exit software and return to the main menu, jump between applications, and jump between software and Miiverse has been reduced.
- While the Wii U logo is being displayed during the system startup, users can directly transition to the Wii Menu by holding down the B Button on the Wii U GamePad.
- Users can install games and applications from the Nintendo eShop in the background while other software is being used.
- When powering off during a download, Wii U will go into a standby mode, then power off when all downloads and installations are complete.
- Users can transfer and copy data between two USB storage devices in Data Management. This allows users the opportunity to upgrade or replace a current USB storage device that is connected to the Wii U Console.
- Users can control the priority of their downloads when downloading multiple items at once.
- Improved account selection when powering on the system now displays Nintendo Network IDs to clearly distinguish accounts.
- TV screen size output can now be adjusted in the System Settings.
- An Undo/Redo button was added to the Miiverse drawing input screen.
Post a Comment: