This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

Rings and Bracelet Translate Sign Language

by Hazel Chua

Learning how to sign takes time and a whole lot of effort. Others get the hang of it fairly quickly, while some find that practice makes perfect. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to have something like the Sign Language Ring to help you throughout the entire process.

Sign Language Ringzoom in

The conceptual device is actually a bracelet and ring combo. The bracelet comes with detachable rings that, when worn, detect the signing motions that are made by the wearer. It then “translates” the signs audibly via the bracelet, which has an embedded speaker. The bracelet can also translate voice to text, which is displayed on the built-in screen.

It shortens the learning curve and makes communication easier between those who are hard of hearing or are speech impaired with those who cannot understand sign language.
Sign Language Ring1zoom in

The concept was thought up by┬áCao Zu-Wei, Hu Ya-Chun, Huang Ching-Lan, Liao Po-Yang, Tsai Yu-Chi, and Yang Yi-Hsien, who drew inspiration from Buddha prayer beads for the bracelet’s design.

Sign Language Ring2zoom in

The Sign Language Ring is a 2013 Red Dot Design Award winner.

[via Red Dot]

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. James dion says:

That’s was great is a awesome!

2. John McLear says:

Hey guys, John here from the NFC Ring, wish you the best of luck with your design, bump me if I can help :)

• Paul Hayes says:

How can I find out more info about the sign language rings and bracelet list in your article below?

Paul Hayes

Supported E

Telephone: 229.977.6996

3. Brandon londo says:

I wonder how much cost that? for ring?

4. steven says:

Greeting! You had the same mind as mine do! I am currently researching and developing the prototype project that almost similar as your which is part of my graduate school project. Contact me if you are interesting to work together to make it happen!

5. magen reese says:

I want one ring with sing luagange to my family & friends because I am full deaf and try chat my family & friends make sure understand clear..

6. tammy wiley says:

Contact me if that really work well with hearing ppls. That’d wonerful. Pls email me all good news . Thank keep it up

7. Tyrell scott says:

I want to make easy community with each other. Help please give me email to send you.

8. Legina Barry says:

Im fully deaf and have.hard time communicate with people or find job.. I would like to have this product i think it might make things easy for me.. Can you please telle how to order it and how much it is.. Thank you

9. Toby Wilbanks says:

I want on pls

10. Vantazia says:

Would love this for my younger brother… It had upset me that he wanted to eat and went to mcdonalds and the girl couldnt understand and he had no paper or anything. She even didnt offer one. So she denied him from being served because she couldnt understand him signing or pointing. I was so upset. I would like to purchase this if you could update on when available.

11. Alsafa KA says:

It was great is awesome!!! It is improvement!!!

12. Lauri Sue Robertson says:

How amazing it will be for people who are signing to be able to communicate with people who can’t see!!!

13. Zulfa says:

But who did it? a university team or a company? Answer pleas!

14. hyhyoyeon wan says:

helo.. i m deaf from malaysia. i want know how much?

15. Ivana says:

Good afternoom, i m deaf from slovakia. I please out more info about the sign language rings and bracelet. i want know how much? Thank you very much