X

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Great Geek Gifts in the Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter
Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff on Technabob

Noria Is an Ultra-compact Window Air Conditioner

by Conner Flynn

Window air conditioners are something that many of us use in the summertime. They work great, but the drawback is that they take up a good amount of window space. They are also heavy and awkward to install. Well, the Noria Air Conditioner changes all of that and makes window air conditioning look sleeker too.

noria_airconditioner_1zoom in

This good looking air conditioner measures just 5.8″ x 18.25″ x 5″ inches and weighs 30 pounds. It also slides in and out of its window mount independently. That makes it much more convenient to install or move from one room to another than a typical window AC unit. It also takes up very little window space, and that means more window so you can enjoy the sun.

noria_airconditioner_2zoom in

The Noria Air Conditioner uses a patent-pending design that allows it cram an air conditioner in such a small form.

One unit can cool rooms up to 160 square feet, with two units able to handle spaces up to 330 square feet. A single knob on the front controls everything and an app allows you to make adjustments remotely. You can get one through the Kickstarter campaign with a pledge of at least $299(USD). Further discounts are available if you order two or more Norias at the same time.

noria_airconditioner_3zoom in

[via Cool Things]

Hot Deals in the Technabob Shop:

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. David Spry says:

What about sliding XO windows? How does it mount? Are you able to stand it on it’s side?

2. Mike says:

How many btu’s

3. rajkumar jadhav says:

Air confitonar rs me

4. Judy Davis says:

This looks terrific. Is the unit removable from the outside? In other words, would intruders be able to gain access to my home this way?

5. Aj says:

Can u stand the unit to fit horizontally in a sliding window

6. chiranjeevi reddy says:

How can I purchase this one.what is the cost in Indian rupees

7. Robert says:

One thing that’s not mentioned: Most of the ‘efficient’ window-rattlers require 240 V connection. What does this require? 120 or 240?

• Tim says:

Not True. Most window rattlers are 120. This is a 5000 btu and most likely will be 120. Huge window units are 220. This is a very small unit.

8. Linda D Rozar says:

I live in a mobile home with restricted amperage usage. What is the MAXIMUM AMPS that this AC ever pulls? The most amperage that I can use is 30 amps or the circuit breakers blow, not only in my mobile home, but in the main breaker box for the last 4 trailers to receive electricity. I can currently use only one ac at a time, so Ican cool either the living room or the bedroom or the kitchenv. It gets over 100 degrees here in the Sacramento CA area at times during the summer. My manager refuses to allow us to install more than 2 AC’s and to use more than 1 at a time because of the amperage problems. IF I BUY 3 NORIAH’S, WAND RUN ALL 3 AT ONCE ON MAX AC, WHAT WOULD BE THE MAXIMUM AMPERAGE THAT I WOULD USE? Also, what is the MINIMUM WINDOW SIZE THAT I NEED in order to install this Noriah AC?

• Tim says:

Your circuit breaker that this plugs in to in your trailer is not gonna be 30amps. It’s either gonna be 15amp or 20 amp. I would say each unit would be on different breakers. Each room should have it’s own breaker. to find out plug a light in to the bed room out let and turn off one breaker at a time until u have identified the correct breaker. Then with only that one breaker of take the light and plug it into the living room. If light dont work then they are on breaker and that could be a problem repeat for kitchen and living room to make sure each outlet has separate breakers.

9. Kenneth VanDyke says:

I want 3 of them

10. Kenneth VanDyke says:

I want 3 when and how can I get them?

11. Rajen Bhagat. says:

I am from Surat India and want to purchase this ac,,how much price I have to pay in Indian rupees for one unit and who will be providing me after sales service support.

12. Lee says:

Where can you get these

13. air conditioning says:

Good tips this is very helpful
    thanks for the article

14. Sharyn harvey says:

How can I purchase one of these

15. Joel says:

Does this unit have a fresh air option? Is it made for 200V/50 HZ?

16. Judith Barton says:

When is this unit available?

17. Kimberly K says:

How loud is the unit when running? Regular window units are quite loud.

Kobalt Double-Drive Screwdriver

Kobalt Double-Drive Screwdriver

HyperDrive for MacBook Pro

HyperDrive for MacBook Pro

Second Gen Toyota 86 Confirmed: More Power, Please!

Second Gen Toyota 86 Confirmed: More Power, Please!

Hyundai’s New i20 WRC Car Is a Real Badass