The rumor mill has started to buzz about what we might see from the big console players at the upcoming E3 conference, scheduled for July 11 to 13, 2007.
According to a forums post over on Wii60, a person claiming to be a “Floor Manager” for the show has revealed the following items as some of the key items that Microsoft will show for their Xbox 360 console:
- New Crimson Skies game to be announced
- Bungie working on new title/series not related to the Halo/Marathon Universe
- Epic Games to show Gears of War 2 Trailer
- Microsoft have bought the Star Wars Battlefront 3 rights. Trailer/Demo to be shown
- Rare to show off Banjo Kazooie 3 (Banjo-Theerie?)
- Rare to announce 2 new games
- Rare to announce Kameo 2
- Lionhead Studios show more of Fable 2
- Microsoft to fund a new game based on Jason Bourne. It’ll be based on the books and not the film with Matt Damon
- Team Ninja to show off Ninja Gaiden 2. Labeled 360 Exclusive
- Apparently there’s news of a MGS Game for the 360. May or may not be the 4th Installment
- Dead Rising 2 to be shown. May not be ready
Now it seems to me that at least some of these items have a ring of truth to them (i.e. the RARE games, Fable 2). However, there’s also some some highly questionable items (the Bourne game, MS acquiring a Star Wars title).
I’m keeping my B.S. detector set to high on this. Besides, what’s really the likelihood that Floor Manager at E3 would a) risk his/her job by revealing this information and b) know so much about the specific products to be promoted in a show that’s almost a month away?