It’s April 1st, so you basically have to assume that everything on the entire Internet is fake, right? Well I decided to take some time to separate the wheat from the chaff for you guys, and have selected some of my favorite April Fools Day pranks floating around the Web today.
So without further ado, here are some of the best pranks of the day (in no particular order):
- Top 5 Viral Motion Pictures of 1911 [YouTube]
- Gesture-Controlled GMail [Google]
- Toshiba 3D Spectacle Monocle [Toshiba]
- Apple Store Playmobile Play Set [ThinkGeek]
- iPhone Oppression Kit [iFixit]
- The Typescreen – iPad Typewriter [Spinning Hat]
(although this one is dangerously close to a real product)
- Angry Birds Pork Rinds [ThinkGeek]
- Starbucks Mobile Pour: On-Demand Coffee Delivery Service [Starbucks]
- Roku’s Product Placement Remote [Roku]
- Converting to Metric Time [MacroSoft]
- Branson Buys Pluto, Reinstates its Planetary Standing [Virgin]
Of course we’ve been up to our own April tomfoolery here on Technabob too, but I’ll leave that to you guys to try and find the fake post of the day. It’s pretty obvious, but I still want you guys to find it for yourselves.