Want to check out the new Sony PS Vita, but don’t can’t stand to wait until February 2012? If you happen to live in the greater Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Atlanta or Washington DC areas, you’re in luck.
Sony has arranged for you to be able to see the PlayStation Vita first-hand between now and December 30th, while you’re out doing your holiday shopping. Below is a list of locations where you can check out Sony’s next-gen handheld in person:
- Chicago: Gurnee Mills, 6170 West Grand Ave., Gurnee, IL
- Dallas: Grapevine Mills, 3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway, Grapevine, TX
- Los Angeles: PlayStation HQ, Third Street Promenade, 1228 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA
- Atlanta: Discover Mills, 5900 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA
- Washington, DC: Potomac Mills, 2700 Potomac Mills Circle, Prince William, VA
Games on hand for the demo tour should include Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Sound Shapes and Wipeout among others.
To refresh your memory, the PS Vita offers a large 5-inch OLED touchscreen with rear touch controls, front and rear cameras, dual analog sticks, Wi-Fi (and 3G options), as well as a blazing fast CPU/GPU which provides console-quality graphics in a handheld. Early reports are that the screen on these things are really a beautiful sight. We’re all so used to the smaller 2.5 to 4 inch screens on our smartphones and earlier handhelds, so a 5-inch OLED screen sounds pretty spectacular.
The PS Vita hits stores in Japan later this week, and should be landing at U.S. retailers on February 22, 2012, priced at $249.99 (USD) for the Wi-Fi version and $299 for the Wi-Fi/3G version.