X

EU Visitor Notice: This Website Uses Cookies

This website uses cookies to improve user experience, to provide analytical data to better serve our visitors, and to serve advertising to fund our operations. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy.

Your preference will be saved for 90 days, or until you clear your browser cookies.


I AGREE
I DISAGREE
Learn More
Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff on Technabob
VISIT OUR OTHER SITES: THE AWESOMER | 95OCTANE

AI Drone Can Detect Violence at Ground Level

by Conner Flynn
Advertisement

Not long from now, when you kick someone in the balls, a drone will be there to deliver some swift justice, like maybe a poison dart to the neck or a taser shot. I’m so looking forward to the future.

Research teams in the UK and India have developed an artificial intelligence system that can detect what it believes to be violent acts in video captured from above when using a drone. It has an 88% accuracy rating at identifying violent people in the images. The other 12%? Fake fights between brothers and WWE events.

zoom in

The scientists think that the system could be used to automatically spot outbreaks of violence at outdoor events like marathons, music festivals and more. I think that humans should be free to fight each other unhindered. Survival of the fittest, baby. How do you think we got this far? This technology could stop our evolution, taking away everything we have gained since the first caveman bashed the first skull in with a rock.

I say we direct our violence toward the drones. Loom at ’em all high and mighty in the sky, watching us fight with each other and reporting back to humans with bigger brains than ours. Kill all drones!

[via Fast Company via Geekologie]

Deals in The Technabob Shop



Gillette Heated Razor

Gillette Heated Razor

Is Height All in Our Genes?

Is Height All in Our Genes?

Mofo Pole TV Mount

Mofo Pole TV Mount

Advertisement
2019 Cadillac XT4 First Drive Review: A Compelling Caddy Compact CUV

2019 Cadillac XT4 First Drive Review: A Compelling Caddy Compact CUV

Nissan Navara Dark Sky Concept Is an Observatory on Wheels

Nissan Navara Dark Sky Concept Is an Observatory on Wheels

2018 MINI Countryman Cooper S E ALL4 Review: An AWD PHEV Go Kart

2018 MINI Countryman Cooper S E ALL4 Review: An AWD PHEV Go Kart