X

EU Visitor Notice: This Website Uses Cookies

This website uses cookies to improve user experience, to provide analytical data to better serve our visitors, and to serve advertising to fund our operations. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy.

Your preference will be saved for 90 days, or until you clear your browser cookies.


I AGREE
I DISAGREE
Learn More
Cool Gadgets, Gizmos, Games and Geek Stuff on Technabob
VISIT OUR OTHER SITES: THE AWESOMER | 95OCTANE

Seetroën Glasses Relieve Motion Sickness, Look Ridiculous

by Conner Flynn
Advertisement

French car maker Citroën is currently working on special glasses designed to help reduce motion sickness for passengers. Apparently, they can eliminate motion sickness while riding in a vehicle. Then you can remove them until your next trip or keep them on because you just can’t get enough ridicule.

zoom in

Here’s how they supposedly work: They use four liquid-filled rings that simulate an artificial horizon so that the motions of the blue-dyed liquids seen by the wearer’s eyes match what their inner ear is detecting. It’s a fairly simple idea. And you don’t even need to wear the Seetroën glasses for your entire entire trip. Apparently, it takes about 10 to 12 minutes for most users’ brains to cooperate.

Sure, they look silly, but motion sickness is a serious thing for many people. This could help them to function better when in cars and boats and such. It’s unfortunate that these spectacles make people look so silly. If only they had focused more on style.

Citroën say that this approach should cover about 95 percent of the population. The other 5 percent? Guess you need to bring a sick bag.

[via Gizmodo via Geekologie]

Deals in The Technabob Shop



Aukey Water-Resistant Keyboards

Aukey Water-Resistant Keyboards

Characters without Character Arcs

Characters without Character Arcs

Lift eFoil

Lift eFoil

Advertisement
Jeep Wrangler JL Moab Edition Price Info Leaked

Jeep Wrangler JL Moab Edition Price Info Leaked

Knight Rider KITT Pursuit Car Heads to Auction

Knight Rider KITT Pursuit Car Heads to Auction

Ford Mustang NASCAR Racer Actually Looks Like a Mustang

Ford Mustang NASCAR Racer Actually Looks Like a Mustang