Geely McCar: Electric Car Has Electric Scooter in the Trunk

Geely’s new McCar concept vehicle stuffs an electric scooter in the back. While this might sound like science-fiction, it’s actually going to be made. The main question will be if it’s going to be available in the US. Still, it’s an interesting take on the whole mobility scheme.

geely concept mccar electric scooter

The McCar allows you to bypass walking or public transport and just zoom to your destination using the electric scooter that rolls out of the trunk. While this sounds pretty cool, the fact is that you could probably get the same result by using a Toyota Prius or Nissan Leaf and jamming a Segway inside.

geely concept mccar electric scooter

The McCar will be available as a fully electric model, with a range of 93 miles, or a hybrid. The scooter can go 18 miles on a charge. Another option would be simply allowing to easily store a wheelchair or traditional electric scooter for people with limited mobility. A prototype of the McCar is currently on display at the Shanghai Motor Show.

For those of you who don’t already know, Geely is the Chinese company that now owns Volvo. I wonder what McDonald’s is going to say about the McCar?

[Born Rich via DVice]

1. Wheatley says:

Why do the Asians have to come up with such weird sounding names for their cars? I for one would not buy this car based solely on how stupid the name is.

2. Zena Bratcher says:

Hi,

Cool Collections!

3. Grace says:

Hi,
    I would like to see more cars so such kind, its superb

4. Jack says:

Hello,
    I hope this kind of Scooters will rule the world.

5. Donald Bracco says:

I’m a huge fan of electric power for vehicles but I also like some style to them. This thing is ugly!!!

6. Uncle B says:

As America is forced by oil shortages, cash shortages, job shortages, to reel in ther astounding arrogance and ‘Entitlement’ notions. Then and only them will they appreciate fully the inovations of the East!
    Once America is forced by the real economic situation to import and use even elelctric bullet trains, will Americans come to grips with neat little rechargeable cars, bikes, for their convenience. Be forewarned, Asians will not loan money to Americans any more because they cheat! They devalue their dollar after the ink is dry on the deal, and steal real value from the whole world this way. Soon, the Yuan will reigm supreme this nasty scheme will be halted, and fair deals will be possible world wide.

7. Electrician Cypress says:

This blog is very good.I have seen many scooters here.I like it so much.I like the scooter’s features also.Thanks for the post.I am waiting for your new post.

8. Electrician in Phoenix says:

I love the concept of electric scooter. All too often, those in need of this purchase easily. And when you can find a deal, it’s easy to purchase. Terrific hands-on helping! Way to go! I hope others are inspired by your story. I know I am!

9. Electrician in Phoenix says:

This blog is very good and efficient with what it does. You give detailed explanations on your posts which make people to understand so much about electrical engineering by which this electric car & scooter made.visit us: