Blue Sky I’m Watch Syncs with Your iPhone

Smart watches are the way of the future, and the design studio Blue Sky have come up with the touchscreen I’m Watch, that syncs with your smartphone via Bluetooth. It works with iPhones and Android devices. Status updates are directly fed into one of the screens of the watch.

081011 rg BlueSkyImWatch 01

The watch allows users to write text messages, email, tweet, check up on Facebook status updates, etc. You can even make and receive phone calls, thanks to the built-in speaker. The watch has a square 240 pixel face that measures 1.5″. The watch has 4GB of storage and 64MB of RAM.

081011 rg BlueSkyImWatch 02

It comes in two flavors, the I’m Color series in red, yellow, blue green, pink, black and white which will sell for €249 (~$354 USD), while the slightly more ridiculous I’m Jewel series comes in gold, pink gold, white gold, titanium, or encrusted with diamonds for €600 to €15,000 (~$853 to $21,325 USD). The I’m Watch is currently available for pre-order on their website.

081011 rg BlueSkyImWatch 03

081011 rg BlueSkyImWatch 04

[via TechCrunch via designboom]

1. junaid azam says:

i want to buy this watch pls tell me prise of this wath in pakistani rupees

2. prakash says:

i want this watch pls tell me price of this watch in indian rupees

3. Quinton says:

I would like to order a watch,who must i contact. Thank you

4. manoel balbino alves da silva says:

Hello I want to know the price of the watch I sell here in Brazil and you do international shipping I live here in Brazil Bahia required,

5. lee strom says:

according to wikipedia they seem to have major problems delivering the goods i’d be cautious sending them any money
    see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Watch

6. Martin Wood says:

I ordered and payed upfront for one in November, they are not now replying to my emails regarding a delivery date , so beware!!!!!

7. Lee Strom says:

Since I wrote my last comment the Wikipedia page has since changed how weird is that

• JP says:

I’m in the same boat I paid fully for the watch and I never had an email back from them. Everytime I send an email you have to go threw their email system and they simply block your email to be received by them I wonder if we should make a blog to have the community aware that this italian company is a scam

• Martin Wood says:

I messaged them through their website 4 days ago saying that I was going to contact my credit card company to get a refund, today I received an email from them say , sorry for the delay but I should get my watch in 4 to 6 weeks time , so we will see !!!

8. Martin Wood says:

well i now have a delivery date of 25th April !!!!! so we will see !

• nik says:

my delivery date was confined for 28 April and they have emailed me to say they do not know when it will actually be delivered. It seems they have problems or it is a scam

9. Martin Wood says:

I got the same email my date was 25th April but they said sorry there will be a delay in sending me the watch, I have however got an email from them with an activation code for their music subscription which I did not expect mybe their way of saying sorry ??????

10. hef says:

Me to… free music, but nothing has shipped. I pre-purchased this last year.

11. Lee says:

This was on the Engadget website

We all know that Android 1.6 isn’t getting any newer, but it’s now clear that customers pining for the I’m Watch will need to dig deeply and muster a final bit of tolerance. According to the Italian smartwatch creator, it’s made a few changes to the device, primarily to allow for greater application compatibility — hopefully this means something other than a stale Donut. As for delivery, the company will send out 300 I’m Watches by June 15th and will then use the next month to solicit feedback and conduct final tests. By July 15th, the company will resume delivery for its outstanding orders and expects to fulfill all current orders no later than September 15th. Customers who’d prefer to back out from the deal will have until July 15th to apply for a refund from the company, and as a goodwill gesture, it’s offering a 15 percent discount for all those willing to endure the wait. For the complete details, just hop the break.
    [Thanks, Darrell]
    Dear Customer,
    We appreciate the patience you’ve shown so far regarding the delivery of i’m Watch. We are aware that you have encountered some inconveniences and that, above all, you were not able to use a device that grows every day further interest around the world.
    Unfortunately we have verified once more the validity of that saying: “The best is the enemy of the good!”
    What do we mean?
    We want to tell you today with great transparency and humbleness that, not only have we met all the difficulties of an extremely innovative and ambitious project (and the unforeseen events that have surpassed any logical expectation), but we have especially given into the temptation of implementing some modifications in order to increase and improve the adaptability of i’m Watch towards the future development of technology (for example, enabling it to handle a larger number of apps than initially expected). All of these factors brought us to lose precious time and, particularly, has prevented us from providing you some certain dates for the delivery.
    But we are now able to define them as follows, taking into account that we intend to conduct a last serious testing program with our customers:
    1) By June 15th we will provide i’m Watch to a group of 300 customers, who will cooperate with us for a final and ultimate check, to be completed by July 15th. We will ask them to give regular feedback on their experience, which will be reported in a public blog on the website http://www.imwatch.it in order to allow you to follow its evolution as well.
    2) Starting July 15th we will begin to ship the product to all those who have an unsent order. We expect to fulfill the delivery for all current orders within and no later than September 15th.

Given that we understand that you might have lost interest in the purchase, we decided to offer you the following possibilities:
    • Giving up the purchase and requesting an immediate refund of the paid amount, providing by July 15th an e-mail to the following address, if you are residing in Italy: [email protected], or to the following: [email protected] if you are residing abroad.
    • If instead you are willing to wait until the expected date of delivery, you will receive at the delivery a 15% discount on the price paid.
    We thank you for your cooperation, very confident that i’m Watch will fully meet your expectations.
    Best regards.
    Manuel Zanella and Massimiliano Bertolini
    President and CEO of i’m Spa

12. Martin Wood says:

well I got the same email, I have asked for a full refund but so far I have not received a reply!!!!! so we will have to see if this is genuine

13. Martin Wood says:

I got an email today saying that they would refund my payment but they could not refund this on my credit card as the transaction has been closed by the bank?? (I paid back in November) they want me to give them by bank account and sort code and address so they can refund me directly into my bank account, not sure if this is safe!! has anyone done this and got their money OK??

• Lee says:

Its nonsense the credit card is closed They probably no longer have your credit card details and are too embarrassed to ask you for it, it is safe to give them your bank Iban and bic code and the address of your acct opening branch, just not your debit card details, payments should take around 3 days though your bank may charge you for accepting this and charge you for the currency conversion, the easiest way is to ask the credit card company to dispute the transaction many credit card companies will refund it within a few days and chase up the company for you quote the consumer credit act!

( I work for a bank)

14. phillip says:

Unfortunately — many people like this have been scammed … so I put together imwatchscam.com … Hoping this will at least motivate them to give some people money back… :(

15. Martin Wood says:

Does anyone know of anyone that has received one of these watches ???????

16. Lee says:

Apparently 300 were sent out to “testers’” not heard anyone who has actually bought one receiving it

17. Martin Wood says:

well once again they are now telling me that I will receive my watch definitely before the 15th September I wont hold my breath !!!!!!

I contacted via email on the 4th the Italian embassy to see if they can at least tell me if there is such a company so far NO reply !!

18. Martin Wood says:

Well I have been away on holiday for five days ,and to my surprise on my return, my watch has been delivered !!!!!!! I haven’t charged it up yet or connected it to my pc to register it ,i’m still in shock !!

19. Lee says:

How long ago did you make the order?

20. Lubi says:

I want to know. Is this thing still on sell??
    I look i was impressed but i saw there’s couple people are having a problem about order.

21. Lee says:

It seems they wait till they have sufficient orders and have taken your money before they send you the watch last one I read about took 10 months before he got the watch I’d be very nervous about sending them money it’s a shame the watch looks good

22. Lee says:

If you are in France/Belgium fnac (it’s an European electrical appliance store) sell them. They don’t deliver outside their country I have already checked

23. Lee says:

read with interest your problems with I’m watch. Thought I would share my experience

I ordered mine from http://www.expansys.com on 15 October 2012 and got it a month later. I wasn’t charged before it was delivered and was kept informed about the process by expansys on the the order the whole time.

I set it up online with reasonable ease, I did have to email I’m watch support team, regarding setting up my appointments and email booked a callback on line and they phoned me as requested sent me an email on what I was doing wrong and got it fixed within 24 hours.

I actually quite like my I’m watch it does what I expected what was stated on their website it looks quite stylish as digital watches go. It’s not as technologically advanced as an iPhone but it is far better than a swap and I think beats the Sony watch as well( links to an iPhone for a start) the pebble looks dated in black and white only and not even out yet and the Wimm won’t deliver to the uk I did try. Heard they are also in trouble financially.

24. Lee says:

I know if Apple bring out a smartwatch it will probably blow imwatch out of the water (bet it won’t link to any other phone though), but until that happens i think the imwatch is the best on the market I know I’m watch had problems at the beginning but i hsve read on various forums more people are now receiving them, maybe it’s time to judge the product on its own merits.