South Korean Girl Removes Her Makeup After Two Years, Now Looks Twice Her Age

My mom didn’t really introduce me to makeup; I sort of discovered it on my own in the middle of college. (Much later than most, I know.) I like experimenting with new looks sometimes, although I usually just stick with my basic routine whenever I go out because I don’t want to risk looking like a raccoon if I mess up.

This 20-year-old South Korean girl named Dal-mi Bae, however, knew her makeup – and she loved it so much that she didn’t remove it for two whole years.

makeup girl

According to the news, though, Bae had become so obsessed with makeup that she would constantly apply and re-apply layer upon layer of makeup until she didn’t want to remove it anymore. Bae reportedly said: “I wanted to look perfect at all time. I even slept with the makeup on.”

And so, sleep with makeup on she did.

Bae was finally convinced by her mother and a dermatologists who were at a variety show to remove her makeup. She consented, and after the skin doctors checked her skin, the results were pretty obvious: her skin was now that of a 40 year-old – two times older than her actual age.

Oh, the price of (faux) beauty.

[via Oddity Central via Weird Asia News]

1. Jack Preston says:

What’s she going to see as the obvious, indeed only, solution? Get that s**t right back on her face!
    fateamenable

2. Teri says:

She was much prettier without makeup!! :o

3. Sam says:

She looks exactly the same in the second picture, just less made up. She doesn’t look twice as old at all. This is ridiculous. Maybe the second image is just a bad representation of how “old” she allegedly looks.

• ello says:

yeah, the technabob title is misleading… bu the dermatologists said her skin is that of a forty year old. her skin aged from all the chemicals, but i dont think she looks that much older either

• sabine says:

yeah, but she’s also asian and their skins age pretty well. other than that the picture isn’t the best quality and i think only a few people’s skin actually age ideally due to air pollution, too much sun or a bad skin routine.

4. Leanne says:

This is silly. She looks twenty in the 2nd pic, and looks like a madeup doll in the first. Not sure how she could “not remove her makeup for 2 yrs” either… it would get smudged, dusty, dirty, sweated upon etc… pretty much the only way to get it “perfect” would be to wash it off and reapply it regularly. Anyways, pretty sure that once it is removed, within a month her skin cells would regenerate with new cells, completely replacing “her face” and she’d look ok, much like anyone with a rash, acne or what not.

• ello says:

not… necessarily. the collagenous fibres in her skin would have loosened, and the dermal layer (not the top layer: epidermis) wouldn’t be completely the same as there are parts of your skin that don’t really regenerate

5. BH says:

yeah, she looks just fine in the 2nd pic, not old at all.

6. Risu says:

“She looks twice her age” > Oh, did you mean she’s an actual 10yo girl? :)

7. AnonymousCoward218 says:

She was prettier without all the glop and spackling on her face! Too bad she ruined her skin….she is going to regret those choices for many years! At 40, skin isn’t so bad, but when you have 40 year old skin, and you are only 20….well, that spells wrinkles, sagging, frown lines, etc. by the time she is 35! By that time she can expect to look like a grandmother unless she has a facelift, and a few painful peels…

8. AnonymousCoward218 says:

And WHY do Asian chicks insist on dying their hair blonde?!? They aren’t fooling anybody! I actually prefer to see them natural, or dyed an obvious dye color like plum, blue or pinks… : D

9. AnonymousCoward218 says:

Can her skin file for social security when it looks 65?

Yes, it’s terrible, I know!

Just couldn’t help myself

10. Steven B. says:

@ Hazel Chua… This article is so misleading. She does not look twice her age. Grow up.

11. fling says:

twice age? what was she originally? 9?

12. Caron says:

On what planet does she look 40?

13. DNA64 says:

She looks better without. Unless your into that 12yr old doll look….

14. Forge says:

Hazel Chua obviously does NOT understand the definition of ‘aging’….Perhaps he’s used to grandmas!