Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

Itower Omega: Give Your iPod a Lift

by Paul Strauss

Sharper Image iTower OmegaUsually, I just write off most stuff that mall-dweller The Sharper Image puts out as either too pedestrian, too tacky or both. However, I’m gonna give them a break on this one. Their new iTower Omega is actually quite striking, integrating an entire iPod-ready stereo system into a handsome looking black tower.

It stands almost four feet tall, and has a nice black-cherry wood finish (laminate, though.) A media player dock sits on top and works with any iPod with a docking connector.

The $299 iTower Omega features four stereo speakers, a single dome tweeter, two subwoofers and 60 watts of amplification under the hood. Frequency response is nothing to write home about at 100Hz to 16KHz, and I can’t imagine that stereo imaging will be very good, given the design. However, if you’re looking for a sleek way to incorporate an iPod sound system into your room, this one looks as good as anything out there.

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. csr says:

hmmm…. ONE tweet and TWO subs. That’s a little backwards. The person who designed this was thinking more about looks that hi fi sound. In fact, I’ll bet they drive a civic with a loud exhaust too.

Yeah, I said I thought it LOOKED nice. Sound might be another issue altogether.

3. SlyFox says:

Interesting, even with 2 subwoofers it only gets as low as 100hz? I’ve know “speakers” not subwoofers hitting lower than that. You’ll have no low end in your system, from that it won’t sound very good.

Granted I haven’t listened to the speakers themselves but I gather that from the specs.

4. jason says:

This stereo is absolutely amazing. The sound quality is incredible, and though it may look a bit weak, it pumps out some serious sound. I couldn’t be more happy with it. My only complaint is that the remote is microscopic, and if you lose it there is no way to adjust the stereos bass and treble.

Too bad the Sharper Image has closed its doors. Maybe you can still find these on eBay?

6. Alan rimer says:

I recently moved and when at my new home my Ipod omega volume is not working where can I get it worked on.

7. Maxx says:

I purchased the sharper image itower omega stereo system during the going out of business sale and I did not receive a remote. Could you tell me if a remote belongs to this system and if so, where can i purchase purchase one??

Thanks

8. kyle says:

I HAVE ONE FOR SALE ON EBAY RIGHT NOW ALMOST BRAND NEW USED IT TWICE, ONCE FOR A PARTY AND THE OTHER WHEN I WAS JUST OUT BY THE POOL!

9. Kim says:

anyone know where to buy a replacment remote now that the sharper image stores are defunct?

10. Elijah Pratt says:

I got mine at a garage sale and theres too much bass. I cant adjust it without my remote!! Anyone have one?

Our Latest & Greatest Posts...

R2-D2 Bento Box: May the Lunch Be with You