Mixmeister Scratch: Dj Interface for iPhone / iPod Touch

Here’s a fun way to get satisfy your inner DJ. This little application for the iPhone and iPod Touch uses the multi-touch screen to let you “scratch” audio tracks just like a real turntable.

mixmeister scratch interface

MixMeister Scratch lets you choose from a bunch of digitized scratch sound effects, then lets you perform some turntable wizardry on any tune you’ve got loaded into your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Just pick your track, load MixMeister Scratch, and you can start scratching ’til the cows come home. The touch interface also lets you adjust the volume of your tunes as you use your fingertip to “spin” the virtual turntable. I’d love to see this running on a pair of iPhones side by side.

The application isn’t quite ready for download yet (I’m assuming it’ll run on the Apple iPhone SDK, but I’m not certain). But you can sign up to be notified of its availability here.

1. HardGeek says:

I am really attracted to this phone every single day …

2. Kouryu Miura says:

Great !!

3. elcapeso says:

Ok that’s nice. But can you do that with the real music files on your iphone? becouse i only see those stupid sounds in this video.

But nice to have this on a mobile phone. I want this for my G900 sony ericsson.

4. DJ says:

So you wanna’ be a scratch D.J.? Here’s your chance to shine with iTurn! Scratch to any tune.

Great with any style music – pop, rock, hip-hop, jazz and rap .

Just play song from your music and then start up iTurn. Move your finger back and forth on the turntable to hear your D.J. magic over your song!

Touch control Scratch volume.

Features include:

- Scratch sounds vary based on direction of motion.
    - Pitch of scratch varies based on speed of motion.
    - Adjustable volume control.
    - Drag horizontally or vertically across the turntable for a single beat scratch.
    - Drag your finger for a variety of multiple beat scratches.

Entertain friends. Great for parties – just plug into your system and use iTurn to add your D.J. touch to the music.

Get the beat!

5. George says:

Hello! I`ve played with this app and is great. I know it`s occured to ask this but I would like to know how you do it. Exactly what framework did u use and how u use it. I would be grateful if you can give me some information, i need it for an ongoing application. Thanks

6. kamix says:

hi.i need mix maister pro..for music