Sci-Phone: iPhone Clone Runs Java Apps, Still Phony

Nope, your eyes aren’t fooling you. This isn’t an actual iPhone. It’s the latest in a long line of iPhone knock-offs to find its way to our shores from China. The SciPhone isn’t the first iPhone clone out there, but it’s the first one I’ve seen that claims to run native Java applications.

sci phone iphone clone

The case design and the on-screen icons of the DigitalRise Sci-Phone D990i definitely look quite a bit like a legitimate iPhone, but upon closer look, you’re likely to be able to tell the difference (gotta love that floppy disk icon for documents). The iFake even tries to outdo the original by offering something called “shake control”, which lets you shuffle through songs by simply shaking the phone.

sci phone iphone cloneback

The Sci-Phone D990i features a 3.2-inch color touchscreen (some of the docs say 3.5-inch, so I don’t know which is accurate) , a 1.3-megapixel digital camera, and offers Bluetooth support. Since it’s an unlocked quad-band phone, it’ll work on any GSM-based network, and uses GPRS for data services (sorry no Wi-Fi or 3G ).

With the new iPhone 3G hitting stores next week for just $199, and Sun working on Java support for the real iPhone, you’d be hard pressed to come up with a reason to drop over $200 on this complete fake. The only reason I can think of is if you’re not an AT&T customer and want people to think you have an iPhone. Frankly, you’d be better off picking up an iPod Touch and pretending to speak into it.

1. tym says:

Sciphone i9+++ i68 Software DVD

I currently have compiled a DVD as there is too much data to burn to CD (over 700MB):

Over 400 games, wallpapers, ringtones and screensavers.
    English Manuals and guides (PDF format and word)
    Drivers for windows
    Verious Pc suites
    sciphone codes for checking the build time and reset codes etc
    Java Apps including browser settings and mms settings
    I also have firmware files, (but upgradeing reguallay) – please note, to upgrade “firmware” you will need to purchase flash cable. i do not sell these, how-ever i can send you a link to show you how to make your own and where to buy them from.
    This DVD (was only a regular CD) has proved very popular to people who believed that the “SCIPHONE” would do the same as the “IPHONE”
    unfortunatly it isnt. its some random CHINA company, useing “Bits “N” Bobs” from verious other electrical componants, such as samsung, nokia, and apprently now so other big brand names.

Feel free to ask any questions about this DVD via email at: [email protected]
    NB there are many fakes (CLONES) of these phones. so if your phone is a fake the firmare files may not work. there are forums which will tell you if your phone is fake or not, also i have the codes to dial into your handset which will tell you your build-time etc…

HAPPY BUYING FROM ME:

And i hope this dvd will remidy some of your problems with your phone, if not all of them, but for £3.50 its worth a shot.

I am compileing a new dvd very soon so as soon as these dvd’s are gone be sure to look for more.

YOU WILL NOT BE DISSOPINTED WITH THIS DISK
    email me on [email protected]
    thanks

2. Tym says:

its a real one not a fake, have you seen the prices of them on ebay?????

3. CLod says:

I have one, the one with wi-fi support. paid 60 euro and works just great. I’d never buy a real one. I have a itouch real one, nothing special at all
    don’t waste your money
    I might get a iped as well

• jessica says:

i got a sciphone that looks just like the iphone 4 n im trying to get the wifi to work but it wont can u help?please

• das says:

call your network provider eg: 02, 3, orange then ask for a pre shared key they will give you a code then you got to go to wifi on your phone then search for networks (make sure you are near your wireless router) then select your network the type in your code then go to service. hpe it helps X

4. januarii says:

i have saved a pdf book from my pc to the sd chip in my sci phone 9+++ but cant open it on the phone to read it. i located the book but when i tap it, a menu opens up and doesnt offer the option to open or read….help

5. januarii says:

does anyone know how to read the pdf books saved thru the sd chip in the sci phone 9+++. It shows its there, just wont let me open it

6. pratik.m.patel says:

i68 i phone youtube downloader free software
    from
    pratik.patel

7. tym says:

Over 400 games, wallpapers, ringtones and screensavers.
    English Manuals and guides (PDF format and word)
    Drivers for windows
    Verious Pc suites
    sciphone codes for checking the build time and reset codes etc
    Java Apps including browser settings and mms settings

Feel free to ask any questions about this DVD via email at: [email protected]

HAPPY BUYING FROM ME:

And i hope this dvd will remidy some of your problems with your phone, if not all of them, but for £7.50 its worth a shot. i also have 1 remaining flash cable here that needs to go to someone that wants to flash their phone with the latest firmware…

YOU WILL NOT BE DISSOPINTED WITH THIS DISK
    email me on [email protected]
    thanks

• starman says:

You may not be disappointed with the disc, but you WILL definitely be disappointed with the phone!

• Bex says:

hi there i got a sciphone today,, and i gues by looking through some of the things that have been said on here that i need a code or something to enable me to connect to my network?? (orange,, it lets me ring once or twice and then wont work,, and if someone tries to ring me it goes straight to answer phone then i recieve a text saying that i have a missed call,, although i have signal?? HELP

8. pitbull says:

Over 400 games, wallpapers, ringtones and screensavers.
    English Manuals and guides (PDF format and word)
    Drivers for windows
    Verious Pc suites
    sciphone codes for checking the build time and reset codes etc
    Java Apps including browser settings and mms settings

Many of you have been looking for ages if not months for this much sought after information and CD. which i will add a note to E-bay here: everything that i am offering on this dvd for the buyers of the sciphone. is complety free to download by them selves.but why spend hours and hours looking for and eventually downloading, when some-one else has allready done it for you. So all i am charging for is my time and hard work for building such a usefull and resorcefull DVD. £7.50

9. danny mc donald says:

i got an sci phone and dont no how to get the internet and java to work, im on o2 network, if you can help it would be appreciated

10. chris says:

Hi just got sci phone i68 it all seems to work ok apart from internet and java, can some one please help, I’m on vodafone network

11. Tony says:

Hey check out http://www.sciphonesettings.co.uk the site has a Free App Store and an online auction just for sciphones you can list your sciphones and related items for Free!

They also supply over the air network settings to get the internet MMS working.

12. Tony says:

You can get network setting download Sciphone Apps and use the sciphone Auctions to buy sell for Free at. http://sciphonesettings.co.uk

13. Jeni says:

Ya. I saw those too. Now those fake phone r more look like read iPhone now. No one can say if it is fake or real when u r looking the phone.

14. lander says:

been some time sence i have posted on the original forums if look back into pages 1-10 will see beginging threads by me sence then i have moved on from the tests and trouble shoots of the sly-sci phones to now having the actual iphone and have to say there is nothing like actual iphones 3g not so much 3gs however great improvements then iphone 4 with front camera on face and went from 3 meg pixel to 5 great but price jump is around 200.00 sci-phones run 50-150.00 depending on where n design/software average iphones all over even on apple no contract 200.00 ebay 100-200.00 and well worth it just wanted to pop in still getting notifications by email on forum

15. alley girl says:

i am getting one from my dad and i was wondering if there are any apps for this phone?? bc i really want to have them for school..

16. moonys says:

I need a pdf reader for the fake iPhone 4. It doesn’t connect to WiFi nor does it accesses to internet via GPRS. I mean it appears just like real iPhone, but it is just functional as a phone, music player and music player. Therefore, I want to use it as a e-book reader(java) at least, but currently it doesn’t even open any e-book file.

Please help !
    Thanks in advance…

17. andrew says:

hi i just got a sciphone i9+++ and i have got the internet working but when i try to go on the java it says the emsn or gg i am guessing the emsn is msn so i have put my details in and it just keeps trying to load but does nothing and i give up after 10 mins of waiting just wondering if anyone can help thank you my e-mail is [email protected]

18. JGOMEZ says:

this is the way the chinese rob americans with this trash called SCI PHONE…dont buy that shit

19. tez says:

just bought syi phone any 1 no if i kan use wap in england please thanks

20. shane says:

hi can somebody hel[p me i made a really dumb move n traded my sony experia x10 for a sciphone i put my sim card in it and it doesnt let me txt or make calls or do anything with it i think its garbage but if im stuck with it can somebody help me be able to use it, im in canada with rogers all i can tell bout the phone is on the inside of the back it says Sciphone MODEL:i9 4G ..GSM/GPRS And that its made in U.S.A

21. jean says:

it is very old Chinese iphone clone, i know there is the newest iphone clone called Gooapple v5, http://www.lovebargaining.com/Wholesale/gooapple-is-1-sid-1.html
    this link, i want to know is there anyone knows this phone, and how is the quality, i know it is the same display as the real iphone 4, but i don’t know whether it worths to buy, if anyone knows, please let me know. thanks so much

22. kattie says:

i used to check app store every day to upgrade my iphone setting and functions. thanks for bringing it into my attention. keep sharing. Thanks!

23. Niki says:

Funny is sciphone

24. wetechglobal says:

dsdsadsaa

25. keith alexander eugenio says:

I buy SciPhone,but i cant access Java script and also i cant access may internet.the phone tells me i need may GPRS setting.and also we have a WiFi connection at our home.but still i cant connect.plz tel me how to get may GPRS settings ang also my java.plz help me