Htc Evo 4g Price, Release Date and Specs Revealed by Sprint

Sprint today revealed full details for their new HTC EVO 4G, the first Android phone to support 4G/WiMAX connectivity.

051310 htc evo 4g 4

Hardware specs include a Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8650 (1GHz) processor, and an 800×480 4.3″ capacitive touchscreen display. Battery life is rated at 6 hours of talk time. And while Sprint bundles an 8GB microSD card, you can upgrade to as much as 32GB. The phone will include a sharp 8-megapixel digital camera, as well as a front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat.

051310 htc evo 4g 3

Also included are all of the usual Google apps including search, maps, talk, Gmail and YouTube, as well as Google calendar sync too. The HTC Sense interface adds integrated social networking to let you view your friends Twitter and Facebook updates in one place.

051310 htc evo 4g 2

One of my favorite features of the EVO is the device’s built-in hotspot ability to tether up to 8 devices over Wi-Fi, giving your own portable wireless LAN wherever you go. I can’t think of a better complement to my Wi-Fi only iPad. The phone also supports simultaneous voice and data transmission when you’re on a 4G connection and Wi-Fi is available.

Sprint revealed that the EVO 4G will go on sale on June 4th at a price of $199.99 (USD, after a $100 mail-in rebate). Of course, that does require a two-year unlimited data plan commitment at $69.99/month, and an additional $29.99/month to activate tethering.

1. Larry says:

What about family everything data plans?

2. Landel says:

this gadget is really a good item… that’s why i really love to shoppe online because you can made a choice for best gadget! :)

3. coolfx35 says:

I am a big forum freak so I mineswell join now while i wait for my preordered Evo. I currently have Palm Pre, which I have a love and hate relationship with lol. 60% of the time its the best phone in the world, the rest i want to smash it against the ground (which I have lol). Currently overclocked at 800mhz and runs pretty good except for tandom freezups.

Looking forward to having a great experience. BTW someone already root the phone.

pretty amazing

4. Sebastian says:

I am really impressed by the reviews I’ve read about the yet-to-be-released HTC Evo 4G. In fact I have just canceled the order I had earlier placed for HTC HD2. I’d like to know, however, if this phone can be used outside the United States. I live in Nigeria.

5. Jamie says:

Wow, can folks really afford $100 bucks a month for cellular service? I’m in the wrong line of work…

6. Phillip says:

Great Gadget, dont mind how much it costs, am going for it.

7. Tajuddin A.Gaffar says:

When the HTC Evo 4G will be released in Saudi Arabia.

8. Romulo Angeles says:

When the HTC Evo 4G will be released in United Arab Emirates. Please Reply asap. Thanks

9. Tajuddin A.Gaffar says:

When the HTC Evo 4G will be released in Saudi arabia and can youn inform if the device supporting also arabic language or not. Please Reply asap. Thanks

10. saheed says:

pls i want to use my country network with my HTC EVO 4G am at NIGERIA now what can i do . pls i like his phone so such pls.
    THANKS.