LEGO Duplo Walls: I Want My Whole Place Like This

While this LEGO Duplo-walled room was originally supposed to be for kids, I can just imagine what you can do with a room like this. Think about it, you could start building stuff right off the walls, and since we all know that you can almost do anything with LEGOs, the sky is the limit. These walls use those oversize Duplo bricks, but that doesn’t mean that the same thing isn’t possible with LEGO boards.

052511 rg LEGOWalls 01

LEGO Duplo boards cover the wall of this children’s room, from floor to ceiling. This means that you could build against or with gravity in mind. It sounds like the perfect spot to start some awesome builds. This romper room was designed by Lena Seow, Vrinda Khanna and Suzan Wines of I-Beam Design.

I think the bold primary colors might get tedious after a while, but hey, it still rocks. Actually, I don’t know if I’d want a whole pad like this, but the idea would make for a great playroom.

[HGTV via OhDeeDoh]

1. Technabob says:

The floor and ceiling should have these too. Although that might not be comfortable to walk on, and falling LEGO stalactites might hurt.

2. name says:

Wallpaper covered with sharp-edged plastic knobs with falling lego bricks attached, is certainly not a good design for a children’s room. Children playing in this room are guaranteed to have injuries when doing too sudden moves or falling against the walls. Just saying :)

3. name says:

I like the concept but I would be a bit frightened about pushing against the wall too hard when building lego houses – higher standing lego blocks could detach and fall, swiping my lego house away, especially when there are big lego houses high below the room ceiling.

4. Range says:

Yeah, that might present a hazard to kids. Duplo blocks are smoother, but bigger, so when they fall, they might hurt more. Maybe this is more suited for the kid in all of us than your toddler.

5. Mike says:

Relax, folks. Very inventive idea, clever in fact.

6. Sketch says:

I would totally use this to make a Mario Bros theme, or countless other geektastic themes…maybe some Doctor Who? :)

7. Lego Toys says:

I saw your blog’s link put up by a friend on Facebook. Thank you for putting useful information on the net. It’s hard to come by these things nowadays.

8. Joanna Mueller says:

Looks great, but I wouldn’t want the whole room done that way, maybe just part of one wall.

9. JD says:

I grew up with awn darts….. This is perfectly safe!