Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob in Your Mailbox! Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

PlayStation 3D Monitor Kit Release Date Announced

by Shane McGlaun

If you have a PS3 and you would like to be able to play 3D games and watch 3D Blu-ray flicks, but you don’t want to upgrade to a 3D TV costing thousands of dollars, Sony has a good alternative, the PlayStation 3D Monitor Kit, announced at E3 earlier this year. Sony has now pinned a ship date on the rig, December 31, 2011.

PlayStation Monitor

That ship date is too bad really, a few weeks earlier and many gamers would have found the monitor under their tree Christmas morning. The kit will sell for $499.99 (USD), and for that price you will get a smallish 24-inch screen, a pair of Active 3D glasses, and a copy of the game Motorstorm Apocalypse.

The glasses needed with the set are the active type, and charge via USB. The screen also supports Sony’s cool SimulView tech to allow two users to see two different images on the screen at once, instead of using split-screen mode. The display also has dual HDMI inputs and integrated speakers.

You can pre-order the PlayStation 3D Monitor Kit over at Amazon now. Additional glasses will set you back $69.95 a pair.

[via 3D-display-info]

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. branden says:

These people just don’t get it. Its a great idea, but 500 for a 24″ inch tv. I mean come on how many 3d games are there, and 24″, again come on. you can get a 40″ 3d tv at walmart for 700.

2. Mike says:

I dont think you get it. This is more of a monitor than a tv. And for people like me, we prefer monitors than a large tv to preserve response times and obtain more of a personal connection to whats on screen.

3. branden says:

I understand. Just like the 3ds, nobody will buy it because of these price and they will blame consumers for not understanding the product. And who wants to play a PlayStation on a 24″ screen.

• Sourav93 says:

I currently have a 22″ tv in my room with my ps3 hooked up to it. I’ve got a 47″ in my living room but since there are other people in the house, the 22″ is pretty convenient. I think on gives a more personal experience. Normally, when you look at gaming set ups, the tvs aren’t really that big.

4. Karl says:

I use my benq 24inch monitor and I like that way better than playing on a bigger screen

5. patrick says:

its for the room if you dont have much space than it is a great tv

Our Latest & Greatest Posts...

Mark Hamill Gives Awesome Autographs

Mark Hamill Gives Awesome Autographs

3D Printed Spider-Man Mask Shell: Ultimate Cosplay-Man

3D Printed Spider-Man Mask Shell: Ultimate Cosplay-Man

The Ejector Bed Is Guaranteed to Wake You up

The Ejector Bed Is Guaranteed to Wake You up

Frankenstein Light Switch Plate: It\

Frankenstein Light Switch Plate: It's A Liiiight!

Deal: ZeroLemon ToughJuice 30000mAh Battery Pack