ThinkGeek is now offering these totally over the top Star Wars Force FX Lightsabers. They’re far more substantial and effect-laden than the cheapo toy lightsabers out there.
- Each lightsaber features a variety of cool effects, including:
- glowing blades with sliding power-up/down effect
- sound effects digitally recorded from the movie
- motion sensor controlled sound effects, Power-up, idle hum, clash, and power-down
- a heavy-duty metal hilt to looks and feels like a “real” lightsaber
The come in 5 varieties, including: Darth Maul – DUAL Red Blade – $199.99 USD; Darth Vader – Red Blade – $99.99 USD; Anakin Skywalker – Blue Blade – $99.99 USD; Mace Windu – Purple Blade – $119.99 USD; and Obi Wan – Blue Blade – $119.99 USD. Each model runs on AA batteries, and comes with a nice decorative stand for when you’re not kicking Jedi (or Sith) ass.
If only the “Star Wars Kid” had one of these instead of a golf ball retriever, maybe he wouldn’t have looked like such an idiot. (Oh, who am I kidding, he’d still look like an idiot.)