This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

I agree
Learn More
Visit the New Technabob Shop!Get Technabob Daily: Join our Mailing List! | Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter

The Sights and Sounds of the Islands

by Paul Strauss

Picture yourself lying on the beach, listening to the crashing waves, soaring seagulls and the squawks of far-off dolphins… Now you can bring a bit of that feeling inside your house, thanks to this new gizmo from Japan’s TakaraTomy.

Umine Island Projector from Takara Tomy

The Healing Theater Umine projects watery blue and green moving images on your ceiling as it plays back digitally recorded sounds of the islands. In addition to a beach setting, the Umime can transport you deep into the rainforest along with chirping birds and a green, leafy light show, or under the sea, swimming with the fishes and a deep blue visual effect.

In addition to the built-in nature sounds, you can hook up your favorite media player and listen to your music as the images play. It also comes with a removable frosted dome that lets keeps the images from reaching the ceiling, instead creating a brighter, point lighting source.

As is always the case with the LED projectors, the effect requires a totally dark room, and probably won’t be quite as dramatic as the marketing image above. Still, it looks pretty cool. The Umine projector is available for pre-order now (shipping mid-August) from HimeyaShop for $84.

Comments are closed for posts older than 90 days.

1. the scholar says:

i need this — stat.

2. GrammyBanshee says:

I’m one of those wierdos who needs sound and light all the time or I can’t sleep. Quiet makes me wide awake. One of these “sight and sound” gizmos is right up my alley. I expect I’ll gladly spend the $84 for some good sleep. I’m tired of hearing “Walker, Texas Ranger” reruns – they end up in my dreams. Some soothing ocean or chirping birds will be a welcome replacement!

3. numberon3 says:

#2 – You are one of those wierdos indeed my friend. Ever thought of seeking medical help for your sleep condition.

I’m sensing a little hostility here. Perhaps it’s you that needs to take a nap, numberon3.

5. j says:

seems cool if not a little pricey i also sense some inner hippy in u technabob which is awesome and healthy

6. agustin says:

I am charmed with me the product, there is some possibility, of finding it in Argentine? And to have an idea of the price?

Our Latest & Greatest Posts...

Adventure Scents Potpourri Smell Like RPG Games